Kentucky people

Quote:
I don't know where Florence is..but I have Silkie chicks..all ages.

Thank you but you are over 3 hours away. Also, I'm not certain I want to try silkies or polish or any tophat breeds as I am hoping to integrate them eventually with my older standard flock.

Just popped on to get some opinions from local people. Do you all think it is too early for me to kick the chicks outside? They have been in our spare bathroom since incubation and they are getting wearisome to my Dh.
smile.png
I will miss their night-song though.
It will be a few more days still; I'm still working on the coop...and hoping I'm not making too many design flaws! The chicks are about 5 weeks old now.

Don't forget about the swap meet at the stockyards in Little York Indiana (just west of Scottsburg) this Saturday 7:00am!

Where do you think the best place to go look for birds would be? I'm not interested in showing, but I don't want REALLY bad birds, either. I'm on this forum a lot, and I drove to the next state over to buy a Cochin bantam pullet, (good transaction) and I'd like to find a little pullet companion for her if I could, without going so far.

I went to the Bluegrass Poultry Assn. Show in Frankfort last fall and talked (begged) someone into breaking up a pair and selling me a Brahma bantam pullet that I'm really happy with. There weren't a huge number of sale birds there though, and all the people I talked to that were showing did not have any birds for sale.

Is the State Fair a better prospect? Or really only for those serious about showing?

Elinor's chicks :

Where do you think the best place to go look for birds would be? I'm not interested in showing, but I don't want REALLY bad birds, either. I'm on this forum a lot, and I drove to the next state over to buy a Cochin bantam pullet, (good transaction) and I'd like to find a little pullet companion for her if I could, without going so far.

I went to the Bluegrass Poultry Assn. Show in Frankfort last fall and talked (begged) someone into breaking up a pair and selling me a Brahma bantam pullet that I'm really happy with. There weren't a huge number of sale birds there though, and all the people I talked to that were showing did not have any birds for sale.

Is the State Fair a better prospect? Or really only for those serious about showing?

What are you interested in? There's a nice variety of good birds in this state.
One of the top breeders in the country for buckeyes lives here and the same for wyandottes. A Kentucky silkie was featured on the cover of Backyard Poultry Magazine a few months ago.​

Back
Top Bottom