Kentucky people

I got way too many fluffy butts because my friend had so many die and I expected losses, too. Now I have way too many super healthy, happy pullets (14-16 weeks) and very friendly roosters that I need to rehome. We raised the danged things in the house but they are now happily outside and loving life. Anyone near Florence/Walton area and interested in SLW, Cuckoos, or (very pretty!) Easter Eggers? I just need to rehome 2 cockerels and 2-3 pullets. Should start laying in a few weeks.

Last edited:
wood&feathers :

On the turkeys, definitely check Craigslist. A few days ago there was someone in Morehead selling Bourbon Reds.

Rural King in Martin had BBB red turkey poults for $5 each. Then at a local swap somebody was selling the exact thing for $8 each.​

Quote:
I live in Hornbeak, TN which is about an hour south of you. I have silkies and sizzles, gambel and JB quail, pheasant, ducks, oegb and orphingtons. Right now I have a few sizzles and several silkie chicks for sale. Some orphington chicks and silkie and sizzle eggs for sale.

anyone know a good place to get traps for racoons or possums locally that are not hideously expensive. We lost another hen today and I am stinkin mad. Its time to trap my killing unwanted visitors and then give them the not so happy side of the gun.

I am not sure how it works in Kentucky, but in Florida if we told them we had wild cats to trap they would loan us a trap to bring back with the suspect
smile.png
I am not sure if they do that here.

Anne In Oldham

Hello Kentuckians! I'm on the KY/TN line near Franklin, KY and Portland, TN. I have a pair of quail, 3 Turkeys, and one chicken....though considering I live in town thats not as sad of a collection as it might sound! I'd love to find someone in this area who might have some fertile eggs, ESPECIALLY quail eggs but I'm open to anything.

Kevin

Quote:
I bought a trap from TSC. Every month we get a "visitor". That trap has paid for itself many times over with the rotten little racoons and 'possums that it's caught. It's especially bad right now with the teenage racoon hooligans running around. They're just weaned and rehomed themselves at my place.
somad.gif

I got my 1st goat today. Shes 1 day old... the person I got her from doesnt have time to take care of her & the momma got doesnt have enough milk for her & the other one she gave birth too. Any advise you have to share with me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. He brought me a bottle & Pet evaporated milk for Bella.

15473_062811_011711.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom