Kentucky people

Hi everyone!! Just found Ky thread!!! Glad to see some posts here. Im learning!!! I have 14 chickens altogether. 10 Buff Orpingtons...Pair of Light Brahmas and one Austrople. Separate pens for them except black Austrople is with my buffs. Next spring Im wanting black orps! anyone has them let me know.... Anyone here from mountains??

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Glad you found us. We are on the Powell/Estill line, between Stanton and Irvine.

We're in South Central KY!
I have some Black Australorps, too.
I love them! They tend to go broody, so I like to use them to raise my Guineas.
I raise Silkies as well, and I also have my layers: EE's, BR's, RIR's, BO's, and Light Sussex and one Black Copper Marans rooster to keep everybody in line.

We are in north central ky. I have black copper Marans,blue Marans and blue birchen Marans. The wife has bantam brahmas in buff and black. Oh, and olive eggers.

Don't hate me to much for it but I'm in southern Ohio and I am 45minutes from the KY border. I work in Maysville, KY too.

I'm currently growing out salmon favorelles, blue/black ameracaunas, EE(bantam and LF), Phoenix/Sumatra mix, coronation sussex, Swedish flower hens, a sole Icelandic, a sole mille fluer cochin, lavender Orpington, chocolate bantam Orpington, porcelain d'uccle, BSL, call ducks in grey and snowy, Ancona ducks, runner ducks, and who know what else is out there!

I have as adults EE, RSL, white leghorn, tetra tints, black Orpington, and a mutt bantam hen who goes broody all the time. I have been raising chickens in some form since 2009 and I use to raise solely silkies but changed directions abut two years ago and made a couple decisions on what my plans are. I am going to keep just a trio or quad of each breed I plan on raising and showing.

Glad to meet everyone here and hope to make some new friends!

Back
Top Bottom