Kentucky people

I'm in Indianapolis and raise Jubilee, Lavender, and Black/Lavender split Orpingtons. Jubilees are 100 percent English, others are 50% English. I sell chicks and hatching eggs. May sell year old hens in the fall.

Thanks for the response!! I wish I were after Jubilee or Lavender, but it's not in my current plan :-(

I guess I should list the colors I'm after... Splash (I'll have a chocolate cockerel and want to make mauve and I have a black cockerel as well so that will mean I can also do blue if I switch up the pens), lemon cuckoo or really nice English buff (for a lemon cuckoo cockerel), SQ English Black because it seems a lot of peeps breed chocolate and blue back to black for size and type improvement down the line. I love red, mottled, jubilee, and white as well, but they're not in my current plan either. And I need to stick to my plan or chicken math will overtake me!!! :D

Hello Kentucky people,
I have been lurking on this site since we learned we would be moving to rural KY. We live in Lawrenceburg, south of Frankfort. I have ordered chicks from MPC to arrive the week of April 20. Thirteen total-2 RIR, 2 BR, 2 GLW, 2 EE, and 5 mystery chicks from their Rare Breed Assortment. I am learning tons on this site, and can't wait until April! The previous owners had chickens and we are fixing up/cleaning the shed that they used as a coop and adding a run. Just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself, and since my daughter attends and my husband works at UK...Go Wildcats! ;-)

Hello Kentucky people,
I have been lurking on this site since we learned we would be moving to rural KY. We live in Lawrenceburg, south of Frankfort. I have ordered chicks from MPC to arrive the week of April 20. Thirteen total-2 RIR, 2 BR, 2 GLW, 2 EE, and 5 mystery chicks from their Rare Breed Assortment. I am learning tons on this site, and can't wait until April! The previous owners had chickens and we are fixing up/cleaning the shed that they used as a coop and adding a run. Just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself, and since my daughter attends and my husband works at UK...Go Wildcats! ;-)
Welcome! I'm a newbie myself. Looking forward to getting a new batch of babies coming in March. The waiting is SO hard! :) The folks here are a wealth of information. I learn something new from this site everyday!

Hello Kentucky people,
I have been lurking on this site since we learned we would be moving to rural KY. We live in Lawrenceburg, south of Frankfort. I have ordered chicks from MPC to arrive the week of April 20. Thirteen total-2 RIR, 2 BR, 2 GLW, 2 EE, and 5 mystery chicks from their Rare Breed Assortment. I am learning tons on this site, and can't wait until April! The previous owners had chickens and we are fixing up/cleaning the shed that they used as a coop and adding a run. Just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself, and since my daughter attends and my husband works at UK...Go Wildcats! ;-)

Welcome! glad to hear you're doing up an old coop. You'll have to post some pics! Live rural outside of Brandenburg here. My small flock is growing quick this spring. From 10 to about 40! :)

Hello Kentucky people,
my spouse also works for UK
hope you enjoy your chickens.

Hello. From Northern Ky just 35 minutes south of Cincinnati. I just joined today and looking forward to learning all I can and finding a source to buy from as well.
jumpy.gif

Hello Kentucky people,

Hello. From Northern Ky just 35 minutes south of Cincinnati. I just joined today and looking forward to learning all I can and finding a source to buy from as well.
jumpy.gif
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC and the KY thread!

McKennA - I know Lawrenceburg well. There is a very large, small animal swap at the Tractor Supply in Lawrenceburg on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month starting in March. I usually attend several times a year. PM me if you would like more info.

terrilee - I am in the northern tip of Owen County, so probably not far from you. I have Swedish Flower Hens, Svart Honas (Swedish Black Hens), Isbars, White Bresse and Black Copper Marans and a few combinations of the above. If none of those are what you are looking for, I can probably help you find what you do want. I have lots of friends who raise chickens.
wink.png
PM me if you would like more info.

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC and the KY thread!

McKennA - I know Lawrenceburg well. There is a very large, small animal swap at the Tractor Supply in Lawrenceburg on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month starting in March. I usually attend several times a year. PM me if you would like more info.

terrilee - I am in the northern tip of Owen County, so probably not far from you. I have Swedish Flower Hens, Svart Honas (Swedish Black Hens), Isbars, White Bresse and Black Copper Marans and a few combinations of the above. If none of those are what you are looking for, I can probably help you find what you do want. I have lots of friends who raise chickens.
wink.png
PM me if you would like more info.
KYTinpusher - Out of the ones you have listed are any particularly docile....good with kids and good layers? My niece lives in Sparta and works at ElkCreek Vineyards, which I believe are both in Owen County.

want four or either full sized Barr rockers or Dominikers baby GIRL chickens of course.. have 3 girls now and Roo needs some more Girls to keep him out of trouble and so forth. plenty of room for them to roam safly and forage and be spoiled
In Leitchfield.. guy from Etown gae my orps to.. says his waiting list is years long.....for Barr Rocks.... Hens
thanks

Back
Top Bottom