Kentucky people

Thanks Shelley. I Mapquested it for the directions and according to them it is 117.66 miles and 2 hours and 32 minutes driving time.

Flowerpot and I are making plans to come down on some Friday for the Auction.

Going to go snuggle with the furkids. Later all.

Quote:
Geez! What would I need with another BR cockerel?
gig.gif
I have to think about it. I was thinking $20 for the 3 girls, but I would hate to sell them and not the boys! It is so hard to sell roos!

There is a hatchery just east of Winchester. But they tend to sell only to hatcheries. They trap nest their birds and keep extensive records on them. Expensive birds but real good quality.

PoultryMan's Supply Company
520 Agawam Rd
Winchester, KY 40391
Ph: (859) 745-4944
email: [email protected]
(various poultry supplies including Egg Cartons)

One day I'd like to go visit them.

FYI - That is Matt John and he has moved to Columbus, IN.

http://www.poultrymansupply.com/

He is a great guy, wins lots at shows, and knows his chickens!

Last edited:
Quote:
Where is the crack - towards the end of the beak or towards the face?

The end of the beak will grow out, probably and then you can trim off the broken area. If it is towards the face more, if it is a small enough crack, I would consider putting super glue on it, IF (and only if) you can control the super glue (maybe gel?) and put it only on the part that is cracked. I would put it onto a toothpick first, then lightly add it to the beak a tiny bit at a time.

On the other hand, if it is a really super tiny crack, then I would leave it - it will probably be ok.

Do you have any pics of the crack and chip?

meri

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
lau.gif
yeah, I remember you saying he got out.

He did, however, stick around, so maybe he is devoted to his girls, and he'll be a great roo for ya.

meri

Oh yeah, he is devoted to his girls, you should of heard the cussing out they gave him when I put him back in with them. I felt sorry for him because it was two against one!
lau.gif
But for a Roo he is really mellow, he very rarely crows. Can't wait to see his reaction tomorrow when I put the 7 big girls in with them!
ep.gif

I have noticed though that they do like to snuggle together in the deep straw, him in the middle and a girl on either side.​

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:

The end of the beak will grow out, probably and then you can trim off the broken area. If it is towards the face more, if it is a small enough crack, I would consider putting super glue on it, IF (and only if) you can control the super glue (maybe gel?) and put it only on the part that is cracked. I would put it onto a toothpick first, then lightly add it to the beak a tiny bit at a time.

On the other hand, if it is a really super tiny crack, then I would leave it - it will probably be ok.

meri

Thank you! It's on the end of her beak...I don't have any pictures but I'll try to get some later. I'll watch it closely and try to trim it when it grows out. Thanks again!

(could I use a nail file on it when it's long enough?)​

Quote:
lau.gif
yeah, I remember you saying he got out.

He did, however, stick around, so maybe he is devoted to his girls, and he'll be a great roo for ya.

meri

Oh yeah, he is devoted to his girls, you should of heard the cussing out they gave him when I put him back in with them. I felt sorry for him because it was two against one!
lau.gif
But for a Roo he is really mellow, he very rarely crows. Can't wait to see his reaction tomorrow when I put the 7 big girls in with them!
ep.gif

I have noticed though that they do like to snuggle together in the deep straw, him in the middle and a girl on either side.

Yeah, George isn't a big crower, either. He does like to snuggle with the ladies, too.

meri

Quote:

meri

Thank you! It's on the end of her beak...I don't have any pictures but I'll try to get some later. I'll watch it closely and try to trim it when it grows out. Thanks again!

(could I use a nail file on it when it's long enough?)

A nail file will work, but their beaks aren't that hard, and I found it easier to just use nail clippers and snip off the long part - it's easy to do and is over within a second or two. Sometimes it helps to have someone else hold the chicken, though, so you can have both hands free to clip the beak.

meri

Back
Top Bottom