Kentucky people

Hello again my fellow hillbillies. My wife got a camera for christmas so I thought I would share some pics.
The crew -1 and some blueberries (BO hen was laying)
IMG_0138.jpg

Percy, just started laying 5-6 eggs a week.
IMG_0136.jpg

Myrtle, abandoned in a old trailer when it was 100 degrees. I had to pay 7 dollars to "rescue" her.
IMG_0137.jpg

Seemore
IMG_0116.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
glad to hear of your hatch i have serama eggs on the way i hear they are hard to hatch and advice?

I had gotten two serama eggs from DDD along with some frizzles. None of the frizzles hatched, and both the seramas did just fine. One hatched day 19 and one day 21. I was told they need a bit higher temps and humidity. Other than that, I don't know.

ETA: I have 3 babies now!!
big_smile.png
wee.gif

Last edited:
Ms. Lewis Rich :

Question, I love the way the modern games look. Have seen them at bird shows. What kind of temperament do they have?
Are they nuts like a leghorn ya know skittsy/
Someone told me that bantam leghorns were calm not only were mine wild and crazy they screamed!!!!!!!!!

My modern game bantams are all tame and eat out of my hand. A couple even fly on to my shoulders when I go into their pen. I like their personalities.

Yolonda​

Awww, good to hear I may have to get a couple.
Guess what is hatching in my bator now? Jerry Foley BLRW 1 so far . a Serama just hatched this minute and one of my Blk. Coppers , This is going to be a cute group!

Hi all. Sorry I havent been on. It took me a while to catch up. It is just too hard to get on at home. As soon as I sit down at the computer my toddler is at me. She likes to make things move on the screen. She is quite amazing.
But welcome to the newbies.
The Seramas are doing fine. Thank goodness. They would probably wish I would leave them alone. I go check on them so I have to hold them to check and see if they are staying warm enough. I have them out in the building where my rabbits are. It is pretty air tight. I have them in a smaller rubber maid with a heat light. Them seem to be doing OK.
I came home from Cindys without anything. But I sure did like her jizzles and cochins. I just dont have room and I dont know if I want to build more coops. I want to focus on a couple of different kinds and them be 100%.
I am finally getting 7 & 8 eggs a day. I am pleased.
Sunday is the day for Mario49 and I. I am anxious to see how many out of 103 hatches.

Quote:
The chicks that I have are: BR pure--1 male, 1 female; and BR/Standard white cochin cross--1 male, 2 female. I still haven't decided if I want to sell the pullets by themselves. I would really hate to be stuck with the boys.
sad.png
I was wanting to sell the BR pair for $20, and the BR/cochin cross trio for $15.

Back
Top Bottom