Kentucky people

[COLOR=0000CD]:frow Welcome to the KY thread! Good luck with your hatch![/COLOR]

:frow [COLOR=0000CD]Welcome to BYC and the KY thread![/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]:frow [/COLOR][COLOR=0000CD]Welcome to the KY thread! I have Silverudd's Blue, formerly known as Isbars. (The story can be found here:[/COLOR][COLOR=0000CD] [/COLOR]https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1090421/silverudds-blue/0_20) [COLOR=0000CD]I have the first eggs of the year, from 3 different breeding pens, in the incubator now. [/COLOR];)  [COLOR=0000CD]I am in Sparta, halfway between Louisville and Cincinnati, off I-71. Is your interest in birds for breeding, or just for lots of beautiful green eggs? Whatever your needs are, I can probably help you out. [/COLOR]:thumbsup

So i attempted to pm u, it seemed to not have went thru on my end. We're beyond willing to buy some chicks from you. We just have a few questions

So i attempted to pm u, it seemed to not have went thru on my end. We're beyond willing to buy some chicks from you. We just have a few questions
I sent you a PM
big_smile.png

Hello all of my fellow Kentuckians! We are located outside of Paducah in Western Kentucky. This past October we went in with some friends and purchased some chicks to start our backyard flock. Being that we were completely new to the world of backyard chickens, we chose to start small. We have two production RIR's and a beautiful barred rock that are about 18 weeks old. We have loved watching them grow and are now obviously looking forward to the day when they surprise us with some delicious eggs! I have two boys (4 and 2) that help with all of the "chicken jobs" as they like to say. They love to let the girls out of their run in the afternoon to free range the yard and see what they will get into. Hopefully they will reach POL soon and we can start collecting rent! I am hoping they continue to be as enjoyable as they are so far because I am already getting the itch to do some more chicken math. It is great to have found this page and I look forward to reading about anyone that is close to our neck of the woods.

Hello all I'm in Oak Grove Ky and I have an abundance of roosters that I am trying to rehome. They are all nice roosters most are a mix of Silkie a slw since last summer my slw rooster got with my little silkie hen. She hide the eggs and hatched them and most of them were roosters so now we are getting noise complaints. If anyone is interested pm me. I will try and get some pics of them. A couple I will be sending to the freezer but the others have a silkie personality and are so sweet.

Kentucky people, anyone raising silkies and any hatching eggs for sale? My wife saw some silkies on TV last night and absolutely loves them. Looking for white or black silkie hatching eggs. And I thought I was the one with the chicken math problem!

Last edited:
Kentucky people, anyone raising silkies and any hatching eggs for sale? My wife saw some silkies on TV last night and absolutely loves them. Looking for white or black silkie hatching eggs. And I thought I was the one with the chicken math problem!

I raise silkies but they haven't all started back up laying yet. It's been warming up so they should get back at it soon. They are not show quality but they are pretty. Here is a pic of some of them that was taken in the summer. If you don't find anyone else let me know and I will help you out.

I raise silkies but they haven't all started back up laying yet. It's been warming up so they should get back at it soon. They are not show quality but they are pretty. Here is a pic of some of them that was taken in the summer. If you don't find anyone else let me know and I will help you out.

Thank you! Not looking for show quality at all. What part of Kentucky are you in, we are near Louisville.

Back
Top Bottom