Kentucky people

Hello! We are in Hatton, ky. Guess I should've started here before posting a question to a thread lol. We have a decent flock of all different breeds. Wyandotte, isa browns, brahma, bantam Brahma, jubilee orpington, English orpington, turkens, leghorns and comets. Am looking forward to anything new I can learn.

Hi y'all! I'm new to BYC and need to introduce myself and find my local flock friends. I'm Jenn and I live in Scottsville Kentucky. My flock consists of various breeds and numbers near 60 ... I think. Counting chickens is kinda like herding cats; always a trial and fun for all. :weeI look forward to my online adventures and meeting lots of fellow chicken lovers.

I have a Black Australorp Cockerel that needs a home. We're halfway between Hopkinsville and Madisonville, about 20 minutes either way. Anyone interested? He's somewhere between 7-8 weeks.

Hi all, I'm in Elkton Kentucky and we have a small flock of 24 Standard White Cochin. Love, love, love them! Such sweet personalities, I can pick our rooster, Thor, up and cuddle him! We also have a small flock of ducks, 3 adult Pekin and a variety of ducklings that we ordered just this year which include a Cayuga, a Black Swedish (we ordered 2 but sadly one didn't survive) a Blue Swedish, 2 Silver Appleyards a Rouen and a Saxony. Our ducks free range, we have a sizable pond, and our chickens have a sizable run due to irresponsible dog owning neighbors. My husband thinks I'm becoming a crazy bird lady! :gig

Hi Guys!
We are a family of 3 (not including 2 dogs, 2 cats and a gecko) in Louisville, KY, who are interested in getting back into chickens next Spring. We used to own a little flock of 3 Buff Orpingtons whom we adopted as adults...but possums took 2 and so we gave away the third to someone with a full flock bc we weren't ready to start over and she was unhappy solo and understandably terrified.
We think we know how to better protect our birds this time (which will entail a bit of building) but we thought it would be good to join here and benefit from some of your knowledge and experience!
We are hoping to have bantams this time around - looking at silkies, cochins, barbus, bantam brahmas and frizzles. We know that there are hatcheries out there who ship but have read horror stories about deliveries arriving with dead chicks and chicks that die soon after arrival, so we are hoping to find bantam breeders within 2 hours' driving distance of Louisville, KY for this Spring.
Anyone know where we might start?
Thanks in advance!
KY Evanses :)

Hi Guys!
We are a family of 3 (not including 2 dogs, 2 cats and a gecko) in Louisville, KY, who are interested in getting back into chickens next Spring. We used to own a little flock of 3 Buff Orpingtons whom we adopted as adults...but possums took 2 and so we gave away the third to someone with a full flock bc we weren't ready to start over and she was unhappy solo and understandably terrified.
We think we know how to better protect our birds this time (which will entail a bit of building) but we thought it would be good to join here and benefit from some of your knowledge and experience!
We are hoping to have bantams this time around - looking at silkies, cochins, barbus, bantam brahmas and frizzles. We know that there are hatcheries out there who ship but have read horror stories about deliveries arriving with dead chicks and chicks that die soon after arrival, so we are hoping to find bantam breeders within 2 hours' driving distance of Louisville, KY for this Spring.
Anyone know where we might start?
Thanks in advance!
KY Evanses :)
We ordered our chicks and ducklings from Meyer hatchery so I have no clue about local breeders. All our chicks arrived healthy and happy, sadly one of our ducklings didn't survive and though it broke my heart, it happens. I would highly recommend them, especially if you can't find a local breeder. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Hello I am new in Edgewood,Ky and my chicks came from Meyer Hatchery but were bought through My Pet Chicken. Com. I have 4. Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, and 2 Golden Buffs. They all came happy and healthy. I used the Meyer site for care directions and chatted with their staff for questions. Very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom