Kentucky people

FREE YOUNG ROOSTERS

I'm northeast of Lexington. On May 6-7 I hatched 27 eggs and ended up with approximately 20 cockerels. They're all nice friendly boys. All but one are olive eggers, a combination of Welsummer (mine are very dark eggs), true Ameraucana and Cream Legbar. One is 3/4 Delaware and 1/4 Welsummer, he looks like a Delaware to me and will be big.

I'd like to get as many as possible into homes where they'll have small flocks of their own, and won't become chicken nuggets. Here are a few pictures, if you want to see more please ask. Most of them have pea combs and this is only some of what I have, I do have several blue roosters with pea combs and a little red feathering from the Welsummer.

The blue hen in my avatar is half true Ameraucana and half Welsummer, she's the mother of many of them. Her eggs are the same color as my Ameraucanas. They were vaccinated for Mareks. Thanks for looking and I HOPE some of you would like to add a little rooster to your flock! :D

1596390568013.png

1596390589010.png

1596390603123.png

1596390618391.png

Last edited:
I am in London (but I am originally from Dayton, Ohio). I don't have anything to sell, I'm just "checking in".

Edited to add; I have 5 young Dominiques and 2 young Australorps (all pullets). I have fallen madly in love with the Dominique and I will probably have only them in the future (when adding or replacing).

as a chicken addict...No...you probably won't stick to one breed. Just a "taste" of another sweet breed(cochins,Speckled sussexjust to name 2. Have fun, good luck and you can NEVER learn too much!!!

as a chicken addict...No...you probably won't stick to one breed. Just a "taste" of another sweet breed(cochins,Speckled sussexjust to name 2. Have fun, good luck and you can NEVER learn too much!!!

Maybe you're right, but I do NOT like my Australorps COMPARED to my Dominiques (that's my logic I guess). Speckled Sussex, yeah, maybe, but anything with leg feathers is going to be a HARD pass for me.

Hi, checking in from the Mt Sterling area, Montgomery County. Just moved to KY last fall from MI. LOVE KY. We have 13 mixed breed (Tractor Supply) girls and potentially a few boys within. They’re 7 weeks old now so we’ll give it a few more weeks before we try to take the final hen/rooster census. “Will everyone who’s a rooster stand up tall, hold up your tail feathers and say cocka-doodle-dooo!???” See, sexing chickens is easy, just ask ‘em. I’m a new chicken owner. Does it show?

in our beautiful flock we have, to the best of our knowledge, 1 RIR, 1 Production Red (maybe cross between RIR & NH Red?), 2 EE (part amauracana), 3 CA white leghorns, 3 ISA Browns, And 3 Golden Sexlinks (maybe cross RIR and RI White?) you’ll notice there’s a lot of guessing going on. A lot. As I said, we got them from TS, who gets them from Hoover Hatchery, who breeds and cross breeds every kind of chicken.

After 5 weeks with us, The girls are still crowded in a 3 x 5 brooder in the garage until we get the coop & run finished. we had no coop 5 weeks ago when we brought them home. The GREAT NEWS for us, is that it should finally be move-in ready tomorrow. Ugh.....cannot wait! Taking them out into the backyard for totally supervised free range time for several hours each day is wearing on me. building the coop & run is wearing on my dear hubby.

all I can say is — having had 2 kids, assorted horses, dogs, cats, birds, and fish in my life, I had no idea how much I could just fall in love with, of all things, a flock of 13 CHICKENS. They are hilarious and entertaining to say the least, Lovable, energetic, curious, annoying, stubborn, fast, smart, cunning, and tiring. Almost all Of them love to spend some lap time and cuddle up for a few minutes each day. Some like to be gently petted, some do not. who knew they had such endearing personalities?

so tomorrow, the big coop reveal day, I hope. Very tired, must get sleep. Hello fellow KY chicken peeps.

I have young roosters for sale a mix breed a mix of a bantam cochin and black sexlink or rhode island red none have crowed born 6/20/20. Located in fairfield ky.
20200827_172453.jpg

Hey y’all! Nelson county/Fairfield area here!

Man am I obsessed with my chickens. Just keep adding every time I visit the local tsc lol. #imasuckerforchicks or a glutton for punishment one of the two 🥰

We were a “pandemic purchaser” lol JK! We had wanted to start chickens up again after our old little flock died off two years ago. The pandemic just made us pull the trigger quicker lol. Here’s our updated class roster!

2 blue Cochins (1 each)
1 blue copper maran pullet
2 Orpington mixes (1 each)
3 Silkie babies
4 Silkie teens
7 Americana pullets
2 blue Swedish ducks
6 golden comet pullets
2 barred rock (1 of each)
3 EE cockerels
1 mix banty pullet
1 olive egger pullet
5 black star pullets
5 California white pullets

Notice a lot of cockerels in there? Yeah. First purchase was 6 BR from tsc ended up with 6 cockerels from tsc. 🤦🏻‍♀️ This year has been rooster HEAVY! Amirighttttt!!

Back
Top Bottom