Kentucky people

Quote:

I enjoyed seeing all the different animals, but honestly some of them looked miserable. If you are looking for a baby deer, raccoon, hedgehog, pig, some kind of japanese squirrel, ferret or just about anything else, it's the place to go.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

How are you ? you are ver close to my home, we are about 12 miles from frankfort, may be one day we meet at the frankfort chicken show.

Omran.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

How are you ? you are ver close to my home, we are about 12 miles from frankfort, may be one day we meet at the frankfort chicken show.

Omran.

Hi Omran! I saw your posts about the bucket feeder somewhere else on the site awhile back, nice to see you here!!
smile.png

In other news, I gave Domino one more chance but again today he pecked at the babies. So tomorrow off he goes to a farm. It is so hard letting go! He's the one I had to nurse back to health when he was a chick with pasty butt. All that time wiping his bottom and this is how he repays me? Hmmph!
Anyway, I tried to take a nice pic of him today so I could remember him...what do you guys think, is that a handsome (although mean) little cockerel?
DSCI0156.jpg

Hey, do you all have any idea if my columbian rocks are roos? I've heard someone here mention having them, and I am kind of stumped. I posted them in a thread but I never get that much response of people who actually *know* from having that breed. Know what I mean?

If they are cockerels, they're looking for new homes! I don't need this many roos in my suburban backyard...

Here's my thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2353081#p2353081

Quote:
at 10 and 13 weeks, I would guess pullets - I have columbian rocks, and am also having a hard time telling, but mine are about two months old, now, and the boys combs and wattles are definately getting bigger than the girls.

meri

I only have one columbian, and it is for sure a cockerel. He had a very large comb very early on. The only one of yours that I think might be a roo is the last one (of the first set, not the one in the sand box). But I don't even think that one is at this age. If I remember I'll get a pic of my boy tomorrow. He is about the same age.

Thanks Shelley!

That's not a sand box, it's full of mash. The ravenous beasts ate so much food that I've started just filling up that litter box for them with feed! The eat so much, probably because most of them are in that teenage growing stage. The ducks were spilling so much of the feed out of the feeders, but they only spill half of the box...ducks are wasteful. It's a good thing they're so cute.

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
at 10 and 13 weeks, I would guess pullets - I have columbian rocks, and am also having a hard time telling, but mine are about two months old, now, and the boys combs and wattles are definately getting bigger than the girls.

meri

That's my confusion. I keep expecting their wattles and combs to suddenly grow huge, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Yet they are definitely red in the face, wattles, and combs already. Some of them have been red since before they were fully feathered, and so I thought they were all roosters. Maybe I will just have to wait and see.

Meri I would love to see a picture of one of your for sure cockerels. I just googled and I can't find any pictures of young columbian rock roosters and pullets.​

Quote:

meri

That's my confusion. I keep expecting their wattles and combs to suddenly grow huge, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Yet they are definitely red in the face, wattles, and combs already. Some of them have been red since before they were fully feathered, and so I thought they were all roosters. Maybe I will just have to wait and see.

Meri I would love to see a picture of one of your for sure cockerels. I just googled and I can't find any pictures of young columbian rock roosters and pullets.

I'll try to get a pic tomorrow morning. I know for sure I have one in the top pen, I recall seeing him and thinking "definately a boy, there"
wink.png

meri

Back
Top Bottom