Kentucky people

Mrs. Shelley....did you ever find a female roller?

We moved the chicken house so mine left the eggs, but we will have some hatching any day now. I might have to get a homing pidgeon and send it flying to your house with a roller in tow....lol

Mrs. Turbo :

Mrs. Shelley....did you ever find a female roller?

We moved the chicken house so mine left the eggs, but we will have some hatching any day now. I might have to get a homing pidgeon and send it flying to your house with a roller in tow....lol

No, I haven't really looked just yet, money's been real tight lately. Hopefully I'll get my money next month from school
fl.gif

Quote:
The calcium can cause kidney failure in young birds.....

So what is the cheapest thing you can feed them???

I know breeders that buy hog feed at $6 a bag and mix it in the chicken feed.....others cracked corn. We buy wheat from a local farmer 100lbs at about $6-$7 a bag....good for them, helps out the locals and cheaper than pure feed.

Plenty of free ranging will really cut down your feed bill. We have a grow out pen with a large fenced in grassy run and they eat a 1/4 of what the other grow out pen eats.

Mojo Chick'n :

Shelley, I heard peeping and went to look - one quail out so far - glad I left the eggs there
lau.gif

meri

Really!!! Next time you have a mix up like that, just call me first! I have my own line now for the computer, so I'll probably be online during the day more often again. That would have really sucked if you had given up on them, when they weren't even due yet!
lau.gif

You should have a bator full in a few hours
big_smile.png

FrChuckW, so sorry you lost the foal.
What you are describing on the foals sole is normal for newborns. Usually when we see them they are up and out of the bag and that soft material is drying off and hardening. About the last thing to finish is the hair.
The foal also breaks the bag by arching it's neck just before the first breath.

There is a mold in some fescue grasses that cause the placenta to be abnormally thick.

Sure hope the next birth goes better.
hugs.gif

farrier! :

FrChuckW, so sorry you lost the foal.
What you are describing on the foals sole is normal for newborns. Usually when we see them they are up and out of the bag and that soft material is drying off and hardening. About the last thing to finish is the hair.
The foal also breaks the bag by arching it's neck just before the first breath.

There is a mold in some fescue grasses that cause the placenta to be abnormally thick.

Sure hope the next birth goes better.
hugs.gif

That was my foal
sad.png

Might be the fescue - we got it everywhere here.

I hope Michelle's foal comes out ok.

meri​

Not a problem Farrier!
lau.gif

Well I only got lost once going down to Columbia to pick up Shelley and Christian, I just drove past one of my turns. There is so much Road Construction, or should I say non-construction just stupid miles of barrels with no work going on that helped with me getting lost.
duc.gif
somad.gif

The puppy is cute, and it does have the webbing between the toes, and I don't think it is going to be really big as it's paws weren't that big.

We had a good time at Sano, met CedarRidge and Mr & Mrs Radarblues, Meri and her husband Bruce and a couple of other people. I got a 50Lb bag of starter for $8.50, another Silkie Pullet for $5.00, and a Dutch Rabbit Doe for $2.00. Also a dozen ears of fresh corn for $3.00.

We finally left and I got them home and proceeded to get lost on the way home. That's what I get for not reading my own directions!
lau.gif
I can certainly say I am learning the southern part of the state! I wound up in Burkesville before I got some correct directions and headed home. Had to go through Glasgow and Cave City before hitting the 65. I finally made it home a little after 1:00 AM.

More later, going back to bed I think.

Quote:
lau.gif
poor chuck

hey, if ya made it to Burkesville, you passed only a mile or so from my house on the way there
wink.png

I'm at the opposite end of Adair county from Sano. I'm just about exactly between Columbia, Edmonton and Burkesville. All three counties meet a mile or two from me, so the towns are about the same distance away from my house.

It's a lovely drive down to Burkesville from Sparksville, or was it dark by the time you got to that point?
lau.gif

btw - Jon called me about 1 AM, he and Joe missed the bypass around Indy, and then went towards Detroit rather than Chicago on their other split in the road
lau.gif
they got lost a few times, but made it to Grand Rapids, finally.

meri

Back
Top Bottom