Kentucky people

Quote:
Boy!!! Are you driving yet? We drove to so many shows last year we are burned out! Come by and pick us up.....LOL Do you have a bus?

Yes, pick them up, and me on the way. That would be a great hobby for you, driving pregnant and old women to shows!

Yolonda

We would all have to put our money together and get a trailor haha by the time I picked everyone up there wouldnt be any room for the birds!
hu.gif

Quote:
Boy!!! Are you driving yet? We drove to so many shows last year we are burned out! Come by and pick us up.....LOL Do you have a bus?

Yes, pick them up, and me on the way. That would be a great hobby for you, driving pregnant and old women to shows!

Yolonda

Yolonda!!! You are not old!

Quote:

Haha yeah Im driving!!! We are just about burned out from this spring, we went to the southern shows all winter! I wish I have a van or something bigger, a bus would work haha, suppost to get a truck this fall! Were was you all at Lucasville??? No body was there kind of boring, I dont think we are going to show at that show anymore we got treated like crap there by the show commitee! We bout loaded up and went back home it was so bad! They had everything scrude up I had like 4 extra coops and they didnt have 3 birds of mine a coop and had to take them back home after bathing them! Youth show got a judge that didnt even have an ABA APA lincese at all! Featherlegs was here there and everywhere! It was miserable! Fall show we are going to Orlando for a Serama Show instead!

That was Memorial weekend wasn't it.... we were going to go, but decided to go camping with the family. 6 months pregnant sleeping on the air mattress.....hmmmm, other than that we had fun. Even had the air conditioner in the tent
lol.png

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
Haha yeah Im driving!!! We are just about burned out from this spring, we went to the southern shows all winter! I wish I have a van or something bigger, a bus would work haha, suppost to get a truck this fall! Were was you all at Lucasville??? No body was there kind of boring, I dont think we are going to show at that show anymore we got treated like crap there by the show commitee! We bout loaded up and went back home it was so bad! They had everything scrude up I had like 4 extra coops and they didnt have 3 birds of mine a coop and had to take them back home after bathing them! Youth show got a judge that didnt even have an ABA APA lincese at all! Featherlegs was here there and everywhere! It was miserable! Fall show we are going to Orlando for a Serama Show instead!

That was Memorial weekend wasn't it.... we were going to go, but decided to go camping with the family. 6 months pregnant sleeping on the air mattress.....hmmmm, other than that we had fun. Even had the air conditioner in the tent
lol.png

Yeah that had to be unconfortible! At least you had air conditioner haha though that had to be nice!!!

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
http://web.mac.com/rbennett57/Kentuckiana_Poultry_Show/Kentuckiana_Poultry_Club.html

You can come as a spectator this is a county fair!!! not just a poultry show!

I couldn't find any information about the upcoming show.....​

There isnt any onfo on this show guess I should of posted that! DUH! But this is the entry form to use and deadline is the 11th (postmarked) and judge is Gary Overton another judge may be hired if needed! This site has the address for the building for the one that just want to come!

Well I went out to feed and water everybody today and what do my ears hear, but the shrill peeping of a chick. I didn't realize how loud one baby can sound! LOL I wasn't expecting any chicks for two more days! A very pretty little black bantam. It's father is pure white and it's mother is pure black. Hopefully it won't be an only child. You know how spoiled rotten it will be.

On another note I lost my silkie pullet the other day, went out to feed them and found her dead on the floor of the pen, so that makes two hens I have lost in the last few weeks. The other one was one of the buff orpingtons I had.

Congrats FrChuck on your new chick.

I too have at least a couple of new broody hatched chicks. I have two nests with two each hens in each one and at least one chick in each nest. Oh, and at least 20 unhatched eggs in each one. Weither any more will hatch is anyone's guess but at least I know that I have two new chicks so far.

In spite of having at least two other nests, and (one semi nest) I am finding hidden eggs as if other lower ranking hens want to start being broody. Must be the sounds of baby chicks. Another interesting thing is that since the cheaping started, egg production has dropped from about a dozen per day to maybe six a day.

At one point during feeding this morning there were three hens on the one nest, as if to say " who's the mama?" I just hope they don't fight over the chicks and end up killing them. I may need to isolate them but I am working this week and don't have time until after Sunday. they will be a week old by then. Hopefully I will figure out something by then.

Usually the more dominant hen will take over the chicks, unless they are like our goofy silkies who brood, hatch, and raise their babies together
roll.png
Surprisingly this year, they actually 'left' their chicks....last year their chicks sat with them when they were brooding their next batch of eggs
lol.png

My little splash OEGB is a mama again, she had 6 or 7 chicks yesterday, I haven't looked to see if she has any new ones today. I'm going to put her in an outside tractor, in the hopes that the rats won't get her babies too. I don't know how many chicks I've lost to those nasty things. I know I've lost at least 15 chicks, 12 ducks, and 9 quail, but those are only the ones I know of.
sad.png

Correction: I've lost 18 chicks that I know of
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom