Kentucky people

Quote:
I got the cheap stuff at the Dollar Store, Everpet is what it's called and no change. Would worms make them have stinky poots? She's been scooting her butt. If I had emiating from me what she does i'd probably scoot my butt too. It must burn. It smells like poop litterally.

I'm not sure if worms would cause that, but it wouldn't hurt to worm them. Try getting a higher quality food and see if that helps
smile.png
You can get coupons online for just about anything.

There are like 3 or 4 higher quality food available here. Eukanuba, Iams, Science Diet and hmmmmm. I don't know the name of it. The lady cook with the dark hair, Rachel Ray. What ever that is, it's here too. I like pedigree because it has always been good for my dogs and every bag I buy they donate money to an animals shelter to help homeless pets.

I like pedigree too, but I didn't know they did that. I would try a different brand (start with Iams, it's the cheapest) and see if that works. Just remember to transition gradually so you don't make the.....ahem....problem worse
sickbyc.gif

I have a 270 lb English Mastiff and Pedigree makes him pass gas also. You just have to keep trying until you find the one that doesn't give him gas. Sorry to say it..but I ended up with Old Roy from Walmart. Actually though the Old Roy is not that bad quality wise compared to some of the less expensive foods out there. Even Iams and Science Diet gave him horrible gas. Of course I can't afford to feed expensive food to the big lug anyway..he goes through 100 lbs a month.
Between him and the Pyrenees..I should own stock in a dog food company..lol!

Last edited:
I was wondering if Pedigree was giving my dogs such bad air biscuits. I thought they were eating too much chicken poop. It's time to move the dogs to a winter feed anyways. Something with a name like "Fat and Slow".

Quote:
" Fat and Slow " funny:
ya.gif

A better quality food should help also watch what treats you feed them too.

The only treats I give her are the beggen strips and she gets one every other day or so. I was giving her one a day but thought it may be those doing it but I pretty much killed that theory because it's been a few days now and she still has gas. I will try her on the different brands. I'll be going this weekend to by chicken feed and i'll get a small bag of one of the other name brand foods to see how that works. Right now, i'm keeping my daughters dog for her till their house gets ready to move into and it seems my dog is trying to hoard all the food. Between the cat and my dog, her dog hardly gets to eat. They will clean the bowls empty and I have to fill Kitty's bowl and stand guard to keep my dog and cat out of it because Kitty will just move out of their way and let them have it. She is such a spoiled dog and very sweet. My dog is too but she is more than twice her size and this is her domain so she has to do something to be "in control" over Kitty. They get along just great. No food aggression just greediness over it.

Anyway. I will try other brands. I ws also told a dog has a glad around the anus area that will bother the dog if it backs up or fills up and it has to be squeezed. Is this true? May this be why she scoots her butt on the floor because she don't have worms or there are none in her stool anyway. Her gums are pink which means no worms if i'm correct.
I really don't want to be squeezing on that area of the dog. I watched one of the Dirty Jobs shows where a groomer squeezed a dogs rear end and this horrid smelly liquid shot out. I'm hoping thats not what her butt scooting is.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
I had adopted a St Bernard when he was about 6 months old and he was so malnurished his bones where sticking out. His previous owners never wormed him and he had to fight for the 1 cup of food they gave him and the lab to share. I'm surprised he was still alive but anyway. He also had a stench about him that I thought was because his hair was falling out and his skin had a slimy feel to it. We took him to the vet to find out he had an allergy and the allergy had caused a skin infection and that was why his hair was falling out and the stench and slimy feel to him. He had to take Predisone everyday and antibiotics to cure the infection for a month. Meanwhile we put him on Pedigree large breed and Everyday, I added 3 eggs and made a mixture like a gravy out of a meat fat to start with then some flour like I was making gravy but I added water instead of milk and to further thicken it to make more I added oatmeal. I mixed all this up with his dog food everyday and it made up one of thse gallon size ice cream buckets of food. He ate everybit of it. He also got treats and left overs from our meals. We just loaded him up with food. By the time he was a year old he weighed 220 pounds. We went through a 50 pound bag of food every week. We had 4 dogs at the time but that one bag was his. We bought just regular adult pedigree for the other 3. He was a year and a half when we found him a permanant home. He now resides in a cooler state on a farm where he has the run of the place with another St Bernard. He had to be restrained here because we live on a busy road and alot of animals get ran over here. He would total somebody's car if he got hit and kill him too. He was such a sweetie and i'm sure his new family and him are very happy.

But anyway, I got carried away there, I know what you mean abou having to buy alot of dog food. The other 3 dogs where a Lab, Chow mix and Chihuahua. We had a step ladder of dogs. The chihuahua was rehomed to a disabled man with a wife and 2 girls which was perfect because the chihuahua loved to play dress up. The chow mix passed away this past September. She was old and had gotten tumors in her intestines. I had to have her put to sleep. She was my best friend and it still hurts. And the lab we still have. She's the stinky one. lol

Back
Top Bottom