Kentucky people

Quote:
If I can pin the Turbos down on a date for chicks for me to pick up
big_smile.png
I can bring you some EE pullets. They were hatched Dec. 15, so they should start laying in about 3 months. I have up to 10 I can sell for $7 each.
Colby

Quote:
The manager at the TSC in Georgetown actually told me that it is a requirement of the state of KY.
hu.gif
Something to do with the fact that chickens are not considered pets but livestock . . . ? Not sure if this is actually so but that is what he said anyway.

Mrs. Turbo:

Thanks for the tip about Cecilia Farm Supply. Do you know if they have any organic feed, or is it just the regular commercial stuff?

The weekly Leitchfield event sounds interesting. I may have to take the day off and head over sometime.

Quote:
The manager at the TSC in Georgetown actually told me that it is a requirement of the state of KY.
hu.gif
Something to do with the fact that chickens are not considered pets but livestock . . . ? Not sure if this is actually so but that is what he said anyway.

It is in part TSC policy. No matter where you go, they have the same 6 limit. Although, I know someone who got only 2 because TSC in G-town put up the wrong sign.

I am trying to find an actual KY statute. I saw an article saying that KY had a law regulating minimums for individual persons buying chicks. But, I'm not finding the law......

Oh and don't even get me started on the new manager in g-town!

Quote:
I think Jerry said he has some black laced pullets.....they would be about 2-3 months old I will have to check on that.

Quote:
I know it is a state law here.....They had a problem with people buying 2 ducklings for their kids at easter time....or giving away ducklings and chicks at the fair and then they would take them to the lake to turn them out when the kids got tired of them. Now since you have to buy a min. of 6 people rethink that.

Last edited:
Quote:
If I can pin the Turbos down on a date for chicks for me to pick up
big_smile.png
I can bring you some EE pullets. They were hatched Dec. 15, so they should start laying in about 3 months. I have up to 10 I can sell for $7 each.
Colby

Jerry said he put a bunch of black eggs in the bator last night....we will keep you updated. They just started laying good for us.

Mrs. Turbo :

I am not sure if they carry organic, but they might order some for you.

Excellent. I'll give them a call and ask.

We love Fresh Start Growers up in Louisville for all our organic, sustainable stuff, but it'd be nice to have a source that's a little closer.​

Well I am in Eastern Kentucky and I have some beautiful pullets/hens I would sell for $7 a piece. I have decided to stay with Silkies, Sultans, Polish and Coronation Sussex for now, so I need the room desperately. I have two Lavender Orpingtons, they are about 4 months old,....4 Cochin mixes (not frizzles), that are also 4 months old and 1 Buff Orphington that is about 5 months old, and 2 Lavender/spotted Americana Hens that lay blue eggs like crazy. They are about a year old?
I have been having lots of computer problems lately (and hard to find someone here to work on them), so if you are interested in the pullets, email me and I promise to get back with you. You can email my direct email at [email protected] or you can pm me.
Just for reference I am about an hour or so from Huntington, WV and two hours from Lex.

Back
Top Bottom