Kentucky people

Quote:
smile.png
GREAT ! I'm going to try & follow ur instructions step by step~ because your 'sale cages' would come in very handy for selling poultry anywhere. Do you use chicken wire or hardware cloth ? I forgot I bought a really cute & handy chicken crate for one reg size chicken for $8 @ the Frankfort Fall Sale & Show. He also made large ones,however I would not sell them w/ my chicks either. Anxious to see ur pics, Thanks.........
cool.png

Usually chicken wire but the ones I made for this sale have plastic garden fencing on them. I didn't feel like hacking my 6' tall chicken wire all to heck to get a few 12"x12" pieces
lol.png

smile.png
SMART very SMART ! You could probably start selling your 'Sale Cages' creations @ the Swaps/Shows/Auctions !
big_smile.png

Quote:
Usually chicken wire but the ones I made for this sale have plastic garden fencing on them. I didn't feel like hacking my 6' tall chicken wire all to heck to get a few 12"x12" pieces
lol.png

smile.png
SMART very SMART ! You could probably start selling your 'Sale Cages' creations @ the Swaps/Shows/Auctions !
big_smile.png

Might, but most people have caught on to the fact that the cages sell with them and come prepared
smile.png
Though I have thought about trying it.

Quote:
smile.png
big_smile.png

Might, but most people have caught on to the fact that the cages sell with them and come prepared
smile.png
Though I have thought about trying it.

smile.png
The Swaps/Shows that I attended in Shepardsville ( no longer active),Frankfort & Shelbyville & Taylorsville don't have that requirement & I have been ask if I wanted to sell my dog kennel that I had chicks in ? they said difficult to find enough crates, but my kennels cost too much $$$.
cool.png

We went down to the Small Animals Auction/Market in Horse Cave on Saturday, and had a pretty good time. Hadn't heard mention of it around here, so wanted to make sure everyone knew about it.

Every 3rd Saturday of the month
Flea Market Set Up Fee.$10.00
Comm at auction is 25%
Pass out fee at auction is $1.00
NO Cages Will Sell ..

2007 Charlie Moran Hwy.218
Horse Cave, Ky

Several people selling a decent slection of chickens, geese, ducks, pigeons, guineas, etc. We'll definitely go back down next month.

That's the information they had on craigslist. No idea what the reasoning is for it.

Sadly, it seems to be the closest market of its kind to Hardin County, so we'll have to make do. We'll probably check out the market at Tim and Susie Hen House next month, because I've heard stuff about that place.

Quote:
There is one in Leitchfield on Wed. morning. It is just past the Walmart and across from the TSC. The time changes so they are an hour behind us too. I think it is $5 to set up.

We have an auction weekly here in Adair/Russell county. There is no set up fee if you sell outside, the commission for the auction is either 10% or 15%.

ETA: Sano Goat and Sheep Auction.

Last edited:
The one in Leitchfield...is anyone aware of others bringing birds to it this week. I need to replace a few birds taken by predators but right now I just cannot do little ones this year. I am looking for some EE's or brown egg layers. I would like to find some healthy, a bit older than day old pullets. I might even be desperate enough to do straight run. I don't breed mine so I am not looking for particular breeds really. I love variety. If I could find a few birds that are maybe even 2 or 3 weeks old. My mother watches the birds for us when we must be away and she just cannot cope with the tiny ones and I have no idea when we will have to drop everything and drive up north for my husband gran.

Mrs Turbo if you have any of yours that are a touch older than day olds I would jump at them. I got 2 girls out of the chicks you sold me in the fall and they are BEAUTIFUL!! The runt of the group has turned into the most lovely colored gal. Her coloring has enchanted my husband.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom