Kentucky people

Quote:
smile.png
that is OK~ I told her that I buy from private breeders & so far they have all been NPIP inspected. And I like the personal interaction & have met a lot of wonderful people.
cool.png

Quote:
It's not a state law, my local feed store will let you buy 1 chick or 100.

Boy I hate to jump in here but as a director for animal control in Hardin County, I can tell you that selling a min. of 6 chicks is a state law...we have had to go to a few feed stores and explain it to them...but only if we have gotten a complaint about it. The law was passed to stop the Carnival people from passing out chicks one at time as prizes...anyway here you go:

KRS 436.600 Dyeing or selling dyed baby fowl or rabbits.
No person shall sell, exchange, offer to sell or exchange, display, or possess living baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits which have been dyed or colored; nor dye or color any baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits; nor sell, exchange, offer to sell or exchange or to give away baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits, under two(2) months of age in any quantity less than six (6), except that any rabbit weighing three (3) pounds or more may be sold at an age of six (6) weeks. Any person who violates this section shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $500.

Thank you turbo! Glad to have that cleared up and to know the TSC manager did (sort of) know what he was talking about. Now if some one asks me I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about.
smile.png

Quote:
Boy I hate to jump in here but as a director for animal control in Hardin County, I can tell you that selling a min. of 6 chicks is a state law...we have had to go to a few feed stores and explain it to them...but only if we have gotten a complaint about it. The law was passed to stop the Carnival people from passing out chicks one at time as prizes...anyway here you go:

KRS 436.600 Dyeing or selling dyed baby fowl or rabbits.
No person shall sell, exchange, offer to sell or exchange, display, or possess living baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits which have been dyed or colored; nor dye or color any baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits; nor sell, exchange, offer to sell or exchange or to give away baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits, under two(2) months of age in any quantity less than six (6), except that any rabbit weighing three (3) pounds or more may be sold at an age of six (6) weeks. Any person who violates this section shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $500.

Thank you turbo! Glad to have that cleared up and to know the TSC manager did (sort of) know what he was talking about. Now if some one asks me I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about.
smile.png

Except that only TSC enforces it so no one will believe you
lau.gif

Quote:
smile.png

Except that only TSC enforces it so no one will believe you
lau.gif

Yeah, they'll just go off and say "Ya know, that crazy chicken lady can really come up with some off the wall stuff!" Oh wait . . . they already say that.
gig.gif

Quote:
I was real disappointed in my sales!!! Funny how people complained at the $2.00 price and then when I dropped it to $1.00 that they said they were buying them for just so I could get rid of them, they say "Oh how cheap" and then just want to Oooh and Awww over the pretty colors and touch them and then not buy!!!!! Here at the house I can get the $2.00 easily but in Leitchfield..they just dont sell, but having a sign out and people I dont know coming to the house when I'm the only one home most all day kinda worries me.

I was pleasantly surprised at how fast and well my hens sold! But then...when you take care of your birds and they look as good as mine and Whimsy's do, I guess it stands to reason why they know the big white Pick up and hang from the side when I pull in with my chooks! Kinda wish I bred chickens!
tongue.png
it was fun wasnt it Mari?

Quote:
I was real disappointed in my sales!!! Funny how people complained at the $2.00 price and then when I dropped it to $1.00 that they said they were buying them for just so I could get rid of them, they say "Oh how cheap" and then just want to Oooh and Awww over the pretty colors and touch them and then not buy!!!!! Here at the house I can get the $2.00 easily but in Leitchfield..they just dont sell, but having a sign out and people I dont know coming to the house when I'm the only one home most all day kinda worries me.

I was pleasantly surprised at how fast and well my hens sold! But then...when you take care of your birds and they look as good as mine and Whimsy's do, I guess it stands to reason why they know the big white Pick up and hang from the side when I pull in with my chooks! Kinda wish I bred chickens!
tongue.png
it was fun wasnt it Mari?

And not to mention my 6 Copper Marans are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant say NO to chicks!

Would whoever it was that wanted to meet me at the Liberty sale to get some eggs please send me another PM? I cleaned out my inbox and apparently deleted the message
hide.gif

wilmothfarms: How much did you sell your hens for ?

* I just cant see sellin a dozen eggs for anything cheaper than 2.00. Come on people your gettin nice, fresh, yummy eggs not yucky store bought eggs.

Quote:
I can't get more than $1 each for them but at least I'm getting something. I won't sell my duck eggs for eating though, people want to pay the same price for them...not gonna happen!

Quote:
I can't get more than $1 each for them but at least I'm getting something. I won't sell my duck eggs for eating though, people want to pay the same price for them...not gonna happen!

I agree, I personally think $2.00 a dozen is a little cheap...I've seen them advertised for more! I was advertising my duck eggs for $3.00 but seems no one around here wants them at all...the thought of eating duck eggs scares people!
big_smile.png
I have Pekin Ducks and they are SO mild, taste like chicken! (gee I crack myself up!)

Back
Top Bottom