Kentucky people

Sooo sweet Whimsy! I love broodies! I have 2 Silkies and a Cochin sitting (setting? have to look that up) on eggs and all are due to hatch this Sunday. The Silkies are a hoot as one went broody just a few days after the other and they are sharing 5 eggs between them in the same nestbox (fortunately it is an extra large box!). Every time one gets up to eat and stretch her legs, the other steals her eggs.
lol.png
I always check after lunch and give one of them a couple of the eggs back. I'll have to move them tomorrow night each to their own private hatching boxes.

Whimsy: So Sweet
love.gif

I've got ducklings hatchin somewheres around May 11 (theyre under 2 broody duck hens), got 20 lavendar orpington eggs under 3 broodies (but i think they are not fertile, sad thing is I actually bought these eggs from someone
sad.png
), 42 of my barnyard eggs in the bator to hatch this month & my friend is hatching me some more silkies... hatch day this Saturday. I only have 1 silkie chick (1 week old) from the 2 I hatched out... just found one dead the other morning
sad.png

Just sold 3 layin hens (that make 10 I've sold this year, plus 10 chicks)... they lady already has her name down for 5 ducklings after they hatch (around may 11),
wee.gif

kyrose wrote:
Jen4 wrote:

Whimsy: So Sweet love

I've got ducklings hatchin somewheres around May 11 (theyre under 2 broody duck hens), got 20 lavendar orpington eggs under 3 broodies (but i think they are not fertile, sad thing is I actually bought these eggs from someone sad ), 42 of my barnyard eggs in the bator to hatch this month & my friend is hatching me some more silkies... hatch day this Saturday. I only have 1 silkie chick (1 week old) from the 2 I hatched out... just found one dead the other morning sad

jen,ive got ducks in the bator also.this is my first try with duck eggs.what do you keep your humidity at?​

My 17 duck eggs are not in my bator, they are under my two duck hens
smile.png
I've never hatched duck eggs in my bator, yet. These are my 1st ducks, I got them last summer (5) ended up with 2 hens & 3 drakes, this is their 1st year layin, we got a handful of eggs from them then they both went broody, lol. I've gotten to candle some of the eggs & they are fertile & developing
ya.gif
So I hope I get lots of ducklings
smile.png

I have 3 broody ducks and a broody goose...I don't know what their humidity is either
lau.gif

But for incubator ducks I try to keep the humidity around 45% during incubation and around 60% for hatching...or somewhere around there
smile.png
I'm not real strict on humidity as long as it doesn't get too high.

Back
Top Bottom