Kentucky people

Quote:
I charge basically what the Turbos (Jerry and Rebecca Foley) sell for to me.
Culls sell for $10. I usually sell the breedable hens for $15 each. I try to be honest with anyone who buys birds from me in what faults the hen might have if they want to breed for quality. I had someone drive up from W. Virginia in March and buy most of my breeding stock. Rebecca Foley recommended me to them for hatching eggs but they ended up buying the adults instead. A NICE rooster goes for $25. I love the "black" blue laced reds. Everyone else wants the dark blues and splashes so it works out really well with me and the Foleys. Hey, keep me in mind for next year and I'll buy the black chicks from you!
Colby

Quote:
If you got a Dist lic. You may be able to sell to small shops, like Amish stores or little farm stores but I think there's a lot of red tape or stipulations.

I'm going thru this right now, and it is a ton of red tape. If you are selling directly to the end user it's not so bad, but if you are selling to a store it's awful!

Quote:
Culls sell for $10. I usually sell the breedable hens for $15 each. I try to be honest with anyone who buys birds from me in what faults the hen might have if they want to breed for quality. I had someone drive up from W. Virginia in March and buy most of my breeding stock. Rebecca Foley recommended me to them for hatching eggs but they ended up buying the adults instead. A NICE rooster goes for $25. I love the "black" blue laced reds. Everyone else wants the dark blues and splashes so it works out really well with me and the Foleys. Hey, keep me in mind for next year and I'll buy the black chicks from you!
Colby

Sounds good, that was the general price range I was considering. On my Black BLR chicks, I'll most certainly keep you in mind, but you should first know that most of my BLR's came from the Foley's lines, so if your looking to make your genetic pool more diverse, it may cause problems.

I JUST NOTICED THIS WHILE SKIMMING CRAIGSLIST, you may want to come and check it out. Not sure how many people will be there, as this store was built a week ago. I'll probably be attending, but we'll see how it goes.

SMALL ANIMAL AND POULTRY SWAP JUNE 18th - $2 (TRACTOR SUPPLY GRAYSON, KY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-05-31, 4:04PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a Small Animal and Poultry Swap on Sat. June 18th from 8am - 1pm. At the new Tractor supply 370 St.Highway Grayson, KY 41143
Bring all your Poultry, Goats, Rabbits, Sheep, Swine and Game Fowl Big or Small all is welcome.
I will do lots of advertising for this Swap I'll post on craigslist, Backyardpoultry and some other site's as well. I will also be putting up and sending out numorous flyers.
We are going to try and make this a nice swap for all the local and non local small aminal farmers.
This swap will be held every 3rd Sat. of each month from Spring through Fall weather permiting.
So all you small animal farmer's or if you just want to come look around for your familey a nice new little pet come on down and visit us at the new TSC Grayson and SWAP SWAP SWAP!!!!
For more Info call Darcy or Cecil Blevins at 606-475-0209 or 606-315-5717
Free to the public
There will be a 2.00 set up fee for all sellers to help with advertising cost's.
Hope to see everyone there.

Sorry about the super long post
hide.gif

Quote:
Colby

And you only have large fowl, right?

Plan on bringing to Sadeville swap, I will be there early and leaving early ( sorry Sarah ;0) im delicate and cant take too much heat or is it I have to get back to the open the store!

Turkey Hatching eggs
Cortunix quail ready to start laying in a week or 2
Guinea Keets 2 days old
White Silkies week old chicks
and Heirloom Garden seed, various

cool.png

Pop

Elinor's chicks :

Quote:
Colby

And you only have large fowl, right?​

Correct.

We will be starting a swap at Giles-Millerfield Country Store in Adair Co. every Thursday night. Sano has started charging to set-up outside and we are protesting.
big_smile.png
I'm thinking we'll go from 3 p.m. CST til they run us out
lol.png
This will start June 10th.

Hi all from new concord in south western ky. Does any one near me have any day old chicks. I need some or some well developed eggs that will hatch soon for a broody who has unsuccessfully tried to hatch two clutches of eggs and refuses to break. I am afraid she will make herself sick. she has hatched several in the past but this year they all seem to be rotting even though they are fertilized.

Thanks a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom