Kentucky people

Yeah, the meat of a silkie is dark.
And I believe it is any color silkie.

1+DSC_0507+sharp.jpg

p8290060.jpg

Quote:
The blue one looks like a rooster. Mine usually start crowing around 6 or 7 months old.

Okay, thanks! Since its probably a rooster I'm going to try to trade it for a silkie pullet, when it starts crowing so I'll know for sure.
roll.png

smile.png
If you did not attend the ANIMAL SWAP in SONORA,KY today, @ SONORA FARM SUPPLY on Maple Street,next to Dollar General Store~
tongue.png
YOU missed a GREAT SALE & chance to meet some Wonderful Fellow Kentuckians
big_smile.png
along w/ many interesting Animals ~ Plants & Fish
lol.png
They may schedule another one in the SPRING of 2012
cool.png
I HOPE !
wink.png

Quote:
The blue one looks like a rooster. Mine usually start crowing around 6 or 7 months old.

Okay, thanks! Since its probably a rooster I'm going to try to trade it for a silkie pullet, when it starts crowing so I'll know for sure.
roll.png

You can tell by the shape of the crest. I would say with 95% certainty that it is a rooster, but I 'could' be wrong...it's been known to happen
lol.png

This is my splash rooster, he has the same shape crest. When your's gets a little older you should notice the streamers coming in on the back of his head, they are just feathers that grow longer than the others.

DSC01037.jpg

You can kind of see the streamers on the side of this white silkie's crest.
DSC00730.jpg

Quote:
They look pretty dark, do they lighten up in color? The adults from Hinkjc are much lighter.
I have three babies Lavs, just wondering. Also could explain a split Lav. I am new to the chickens and really need an education Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom