Kentucky people

Laurel County, Kentucky here. Wife convinced me to start a small flock for laying. I am here to learn everything i can since im a total novice
big_smile.png

Quote:
I've been debating on getting either Orps or Wyandottes but was more interested in blues. Are these lavs the only orps you have?

I just have a really small flock of Orps. containing 2Lavender hens, 1 Lavender split to black hen, and 1 Lavender split to Buff hen, and 1 Mottled Lavender hen all covered by a Lavender Roo

Last edited:
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I'll be in Metcalfe County.

I'm hoping to find some bantam breeders that I can purchase eggs from next Spring.

big_smile.png

How does moving with chickens work? Do you bring your flock with you? Rehome them first? Rehome most and just bring favorites? Do tell!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I'll be in Metcalfe County.

I'm hoping to find some bantam breeders that I can purchase eggs from next Spring.

big_smile.png

How does moving with chickens work? Do you bring your flock with you? Rehome them first? Rehome most and just bring favorites? Do tell!

When we moved from MI 3yrs ago we loaded about 34 pullets and 6 roos (they were about 3 months old) in the back of the pickup (with topper) and drove them down. We made sure they had water at each stop and feed them before we left and when we stoped for the night. They all made it fine. The only issue was cleaning the truck. It was not first priority as we had the moving van to unload and my daughter had to start school in 3 days so it sat for about 4 days before we got in washed out
sickbyc.gif
Lots of scrubbing since everything was dried on at that point.

Back
Top Bottom