Kentucky people

anyone in Northern KY area know if Tewes Poultry Farm still offers processing?

I don't know, but I'm interested to see if they still do, as well. (Just in case I chicken out.
fl.gif
)​

any one from ky. up and running yet. tewes farm has a website and you can contact them for more info. as you can imagine they are very busy this time of year

Last edited:
i could not find much info on chickens there either. i do know its a family farm and they do a great job there. i think if you were to e mail them they could send more info on chicks.

I am going today to get bedding for the chickens and rabbits. I have been using straw but thought i would try cedar shavings,however,i have seen some comments not to use cedar. Would you have any idea why not cedar

Quote:
Cedar is oilier than pine and produces an odor that can cause severe respiratory ailments in young chicks.
I don't know how much effect it has on the larger chickens' respiratory system, but I would just stick to pine to be safe.

smile.png

Quote:
Cedar is oilier than pine and produces an odor that can cause severe respiratory ailments in young chicks.
I don't know how much effect it has on the larger chickens' respiratory system, but I would just stick to pine to be safe.

smile.png

I use wheat straw and haven't had any problems.

Quote:
Yeah I sent them a email. Not sure what they have. I'm looking for a good larger breed for meat a( not the Cornish x) and maybe some more layers. I had a silkie rir cross but it had something wrong with it and died young. I know a guy with some rir/silkie crosses I'm trying to convince selling me one. My wife is wanting a showgirl and I just want a hen that will sit on eggs lol. My cousin got a silkie and it seems to do good as far as going Broody. I currently have 5 hens and 1 roo all barred rocks. I lost a few in the last month or so. ( had 9 total) I am also noticing a major decrease in egg production. I think there laying in my neighbors shed. Not sure. Might have to shut the door and lock them in the tractor for a few days. Show them where home is again.... Ok now I'm rambling on and on. Anyways I'm trying to find a hatchery that dosnt have a min on the order. I. Wanted to order a few chicks in the past and I placed a order and they wanted a min order of 25. Anyone know of a reasonably priced hatchery that will ship like 5?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom