Kentucky people

Showmanship classes are a competition for the youth. They are divided into age groups. Individually they will present themselves and their bird to the judge where they will be questioned and judged on their knowledge. Each competitor needs a bird and they will answer questions on that breed and general knowledge, as well as their handling of the bird. If there is a child interested that can't bring a chicken, let me know. The questions are age appropriate. Its fun promotes the hobby, and best of all encourages the youth.

I'm headed to the Sadieville Swap today i'll be bringing week old chicks and hatching eggs.

Barred Holland Hatching eggs
PartridgexGLC Hatching Eggs and Chicks
Lavender Orpingtion X Black Orpington hatching eggs and chicks
BCMxLav.Orp chicks
Hope to see y'all there!!!!

Last edited:
Anyone attending the 'Cluck' (Co-operative Lexington Urban Chicken Keepers meeting this Saturday, April 14th at the Lexington Central Library?? Drop me a line Thanks, Mark

I have a second wyandotte that went brood a week ago who has now decided to join my mother hen in raising the leghorns. They will even both set in the nest box together. I will have to remove the broody because two problems have arisen. First she stops setting on her eggs during the day and second when the mother hen tries to call the chicks outside with her the brood calls them back in. Anyone else ever seen this? I think I need to buy her a few chicks.

Back
Top Bottom