Kentucky people

Is there a Shelbyville show? 5 min from my house and my son would LOVE to go! When? When?
Please and thank you!

Last edited:
Hey All,
Louisville urban "farmer" here. Just got my first chicks about 6 or 7 weeks ago -- 2 buff orps and 2 easter eggers.
I think one of the EEs may be a rooster, doubt my neighbors would appreciate him....Any suggestions on who I might be able to contact to harvest/dress him for me after I give him a few months to grow? Not quite ready or set up to do that myself here.

I just read there is an animal swap in Lagrange next Saturday. (May 19) all animals welcome, no setup fees.

Seedleaf in Lexington has a program. Check it out. Might want to checkout CLUCK (Cooperative Lexington Urban Chicken Keepers) on Facebook. It has the Seedleaf contact information as they are part of Seedleaf.

Hello BYC folks from KY ~ Just found you all! I am from western Ky! Webster County to be exact... Have 6 chickens... they joined the "family" on April 2nd... and moved into their coop last wednesday after living in the house/then garage for a month... (yep my daughter suckered me into this on a trip to rural king...) But I must say I am kinda smitten with the flock... We have lost one to a neighbors dog during coop construction but we have them all nicely secured now... The question of the month is now - What do we have BOYS???? GIRLS??? lol I may post pictures and have ya'll help me out with that!
good to hear from another westerner lol I'm hopkins co. lived in webster for a lil while ..

Yeah, I thought about getting Sussex since they are large, but I have the one Marans rooster and thought I'd just use him over my egg layers.
He ended up being the only survivor of a dozen shipped BCM hatching eggs I bought last year.
Next year I'd like to get some Light Sussex; but right now I'm overrun with chickens.
(I need to find the willpower to turn OFF my incubator!)
i feel you on that hard to turn one off after you get started lol I even turned and caught rural king with a half off sell and bought some what was i thinnking lol i just hatched 50 large brown egg layer mixed breed then bought 9 wine dots 11 new hams 10 jersey black giants and 10 buff oph pullets and raised 29 ducks peckin blue swede black swede kahki cambell and 4 runners just wanna pair of each and all my runners infact don't really want the pekin ... but traded qail for them and don't know whats male or female yet so I still have them soon as i sex them getting read of the rest I also have about 17 baby turkeys i need to get read of and just hatched another 82 quail that leave 7 red golden pheasant eggs 14 turkey and 500 quail eggs just added another 48 bantam eggs and gonna add 48 standerd and bantam easter egger american's yeah then might stop with the chickens all together keep what i want sell what i don't and concentrate on my quail ..

Back
Top Bottom