Khaki Campbell Laying Eggs In Nest, Won’t Sit

You really want her to get up so she doesn't poop on her eggs broody poop is disgusting and having that all over her eggs would not be good. Lift her up and check out her nest if there isn't any poop in it she is getting up you just haven't seen her. Won't hurt a bit to lift her up and look. I have read on here of birds starving to death from not getting up and eating so I'd def watch her and make sure she is taking care of herself. Also keep track of feed so you can tell if she is eating.

Nope. Mama Duck is not mama duck. She was sitting on infertile eggs and they all turned rotten. SO, we removed everything including the nest, the eggs (yes we checked them) and now Mama Duck is not broody anymore either. We will probably try not collecting in spring time instead.

I have no idea what to do or how to go about this?

Nope. Mama Duck is not mama duck. She was sitting on infertile eggs and they all turned rotten. SO, we removed everything including the nest, the eggs (yes we checked them) and now Mama Duck is not broody anymore either. We will probably try not collecting in spring time instead.

I have no idea what to do or how to go about this?

@happy duck

Yes @Miss Lydia is right. She will most likely go broody in the spring(kc are one of the most likely broody ducks). I was very surprised when she was broody because of the time...if she went broody now....she will probably go broody in the spring. They most likely infertile because it is not really duck breeding season so they don't have the highest chance of laying all fertile eggs. I am glad that you went right into making her get ready for being a good mama. It is great that you did that so now you will be more then ready in the spring. Best wishes for you and your girl in the spring(you will need to start a thread in the spring...or just use this one for the new brood)! Merry Christmas to you and your family(don't forget the poultry too!). :)

Back
Top Bottom