Khaki Campbell's hatching eggs

Oh they are very sweet! Nice looking ducklings. I am curious as to how they will look when fully grown. I LOVE the mustard frosted one :)

Oh they are very sweet! Nice looking ducklings. I am curious as to how they will look when fully grown. I LOVE the mustard frosted one :)

We are very curious too! I was hoping someone has had this mixture and would share pictures of their duck or drake. Thank you

Hi, I came across your thread today, and so glad I did. I have a 1yo khaki cambell that has been breaking all the rules of khaki cambellhood, shes sitting on a nest for two straight weeks now. I have been wondering how and if it was possible for her to hatch eggs and raise ducklings. And if / how I should intervene or let nature take its course. Wondering if your girl stayed with the babies for any amount of time, or did you raise them separately ? How did momma duck act after hatching?

Hi, I came across your thread today, and so glad I did. I have a 1yo khaki cambell that has been breaking all the rules of khaki cambellhood, shes sitting on a nest for two straight weeks now. I have been wondering how and if it was possible for her to hatch eggs and raise ducklings. And if / how I should intervene or let nature take its course. Wondering if your girl stayed with the babies for any amount of time, or did you raise them separately ? How did momma duck act after hatching?

Our khaki did hatch her babies. Unfortunately, she was my daughter's showmanship duck for fair and we had to remove her babies in attempt to get her personality back to normal. However, if we would have left them she would have raised them. She was very protective of the nest and her babies.

Best of luck with your adventure!

I was curious on how the khaki/mallard mix ducklings turn out looking when grown. Do you have any pics?

I was curious on how the khaki/mallard mix ducklings turn out looking when grown. Do you have any pics?

These two are beautiful girls. In the background is Basil. Her mom is a khaki and dad a mallard. In the foreground is Vanilla Bean. Her mom was a mallard and dad was a khaki.

This photo was taken off a camera screen. We no longer have Sammy, but he was a beautiful drake. The photo does not do him any justice. :(

Last edited:
My khaki female has been on her nest for 29 days no babies yet ! So discouraged ! She is super friendly and climbs right on my Lap loves to be flipped over on her back and snuggle in my arms while I rub her belly :D any idea why a zero success rate on her 30 eggs in her nest ?? Was really looking forward to having babies hatch

My khaki female has been on her nest for 29 days no babies yet ! So discouraged ! She is super friendly and climbs right on my Lap loves to be flipped over on her back and snuggle in my arms while I rub her belly :D any idea why a zero success rate on her 30 eggs in her nest ?? Was really looking forward to having babies hatch

Don't give up yet... Have you candled the eggs? Do they have an odor? Also is the 29 days starting when she started to lay or is that after she started sitting on the nest?

Bad eggs discard. Be careful though because some may smell bad because they were next to a bad egg and could still be good. I would check for veins and baby. Be quick though because they need to stay warm with momma.

I had tried candeling the eggs, but wasn't sure what I was looking at. But a day or two before they hatched, I held one in my hand briefly and actually could feel it kicking. Maybe you will too since its so close.

Back
Top Bottom