Khaki egg laying habits?

RavenStorm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Southern CA
As some of you know, I was freaking out a while back that my 26-week old Khaki wasn't laying, and then the next day after I posted here she laid. Well ever since February 21st she has laid without fail every day, but today no egg. Is it normal when they first start out to start and stop like this?

Last edited:
absolutely. They won't lay every single day anyway, that you've gotten eggs every day since 'march 21', I assume you mean February 21, is lucky indeed. Count your blessings, not your eggs
smile.png

=O) my khaki has been laying everyday since the weathers been nice. i guess shes a bit of an overachiever.... but she also carrys a drake around on her back.... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
chickensducks&agoose :

absolutely. They won't lay every single day anyway, that you've gotten eggs every day since 'march 21', I assume you mean February 21, is lucky indeed. Count your blessings, not your eggs
smile.png

Lol, yep, you are right! Thanks for the tip, I just fixed that.

I just worry about her is all, she is my baby after all and I just want to make sure she is healthy.​

Mine is just a year old, not even. She started laying about three weeks ago. She laid one egg, then none the next day, then one every day for about two weeks, then one day off. Seems like she takes one day off every two weeks. Impressive!!

Back
Top Bottom