Khaki having seizures

Have you posted on the duck forum? There are lots of similar posts such as this lately. Most are remedied with adding niacin to their diet.
I don't know the details, but to get it to their system quicker you want to give them the liquid form.
I am going to tag a few helfpul members who have offered advice to others regarding the niacin.
@CayugaJana @Miss Lydia

Last edited:
What country do you live in? Most of the time this is because a vitamin deficiency either at birth or along the way. What kind of feed are you using? Some duck breeds are large and need more niacin than what’s in their feed and some just aren’t as good absorbing it. Niacin helps with brain development, thus walking, and strengthing their legs. It will also help if they are having seizures. This is an easy solution and should clear up in about a week depending on severity. Here we can go to Walmart and get a liquid niacin like this.......

bfa6f669-9720-4b67-bc66-6735b970ebd5-jpeg.1315474

Last edited:
Or you can go to a feed store like tractor supply and get this kind. It’s really concentrated so it will work faster. Plus these liquids will give you faster absorption. You can use other options after their symptoms are gone. This can usually take a week depending on severity. And there is a chance that it isn’t what’s wrong with your duck, but chances are that it is. And it is good for him either way.
307c3f2a-2cc5-483b-90c4-7741ce44202e-jpeg.1315476

If you get this particular one, give them 1 ml by syringe orally. Just go slow and you will be fine. I put it on mealworms for my ducks and they eat it really fast.

"Hes been seizing again for a hour if thats what it is. Im gonna go in and get everything i gave him some vitamin e already."

Seizing for hours on end is bound to do damage, physically or neurologically. Letting the poor bird go on in this state is cruel.

Take the bird urgently to the vet and find out EXACTLY what is causing this and give the bird some respite. PLEASE.

There are 3 phases to bird seizures. And yes going to the vet is always a good idea. But Miss Reason hear to spread the word using your demanding bold lettering and aggressive tone needs to realize that Vets who specialize in this field are not as common and people whom use this forum are using this as a collective for advise to share what others may have been through. If you feel your job here is to make others feel like they are not acting out of love for their animals I would really consider the “Reason” why you are here.

There are 3 phases to bird seizures. And yes going to the vet is always a good idea. But Miss Reason hear to spread the word using your demanding bold lettering and aggressive tone needs to realize that Vets who specialize in this field are not as common and people whom use this forum are using this as a collective for advise to share what others may have been through. If you feel your job here is to make others feel like they are not acting out of love for their animals I would really consider the “Reason” why you are here.

The best advice so far, just hope it is taken.

As for my writing in Bold, the option is there to use and I have done so.

Carry on dosing up the bird, what good it has or will do is negligible, as no one really knows the cause for the fitting until a vet is consulted.

Back
Top Bottom