Kiki's Fresh Freaky Friday Fun Fudge Fantastic-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got past where you all were when I started reading again this evening and you're still 4 pages ahead of me LOL. Just wanted to say a couple things
@gointothebirdsfarm yes you do and I'm grateful for the community here who reinforced that
@Tesumph So so so glad you finally found a good Dr. 30 years ago the treatment advised was to get pregnant
@Kiki you rock for getting to know what your Mini will be managing, good job Mom
Oh, and @The Moonshiner 's thread is the bomb. 100% worth the read.

Chicken Pox is caused by a herpes virus, and many years ago when I worked at a hospital what I was told is that it doesn't go away, the virus lies dormant at/near the base of the spine, and can rear its ugly head later in life as Shingles.

I have not read anything that would lead me to believe COVID-19 is anything like that, but I have read that every day of research tells us we have a lot more to learn about it. I wear a mask at work and anytime I go into a place of business to protect others because as far as I know the risk of asymptomatic transmission remains prevalent. I've never had any reason to believe I have been/am infected, but that's kind of the thing about asymptomatic carriers - they have no idea they have it. I am fortunate to live out in the sticks, we don't go out anywhere except to get groceries and feed and the occasional foray into a garden or home improvement store, and we're quite content to remain only in the company of one another, the cats, and the chickens, plus all the critters who happen by. I've never in my life felt so fortunate.

Time for bed for this early riser :) :frow

After reading the link Kiki posted, I feel like throwing the damn special swab in the trash when it gets here. She wasn't vaccinated though, so that can't affect it at all.

Ughhhh.

I honestly don't think it's Marek's. She is from a private breeder that swears up and down he's never had Marek's or anything else in his flock. He isn't just a backyard CL dude either. He's legit.

I just want my girl better. 😭
:hugs I'm sorry, I hate that feeling.
If she passes—and I hope I don't sound insensitive saying that—you could always get a necropsy for the peace of mind. FWIW it doesn't sound like Marek's to me either.
Again.. :hugs wry neck can take a loooong time and a looot of patience to reverse.

Oh, and @The Moonshiner 's thread is the bomb. 100% worth the read.
You are too kind. IDK if its the bomb or not but it is a look at a different side of me then here.
And if someone doesn't like to read as much as i don't its still fun to look at pics. Lol

:hugs I'm sorry, I hate that feeling.
If she passes—and I hope I don't sound insensitive saying that—you could always get a necropsy for the peace of mind. FWIW it doesn't sound like Marek's to me either.
Again.. :hugs wry neck can take a loooong time and a looot of patience to reverse.
Not at all! There is a constant battle in my head over what I should do. Right now I'm trying to maintain. If she passes (she doesn't act ill other than her neck) or if I put her down, I debate whether to send her off to the lab or my taxidermist. If I didn't question the Marek's, it would be straight to my taxidermist though.

You have no idea how much patience I'm putting into this damn bird. Kathy (and crew) and Shiner do. Shiner thinks I'm nuts.

Here's a snippet...

@Tesumph So so so glad you finally found a good Dr. 30 years ago the treatment advised was to get pregnant
:love thank you. Sadly there are many doctors who still believe that. I've been told I'm too young, just need to get pregnant, or I simply don't have a high enough pain tolerance. It's so invalidating and insulting, and frankly there's no excuse for that kind of apathy to your patients.
I'm getting my bloodwork tomorrow. I read up on autoimmune diseases and almost had a heart attack (big mistake), so.. wish me luck. 😅

:love thank you. Sadly there are many doctors who still believe that. I've been told I'm too young, just need to get pregnant, or I simply don't have a high enough pain tolerance. It's so invalidating and insulting, and frankly there's no excuse for that kind of apathy to your patients.
I'm getting my bloodwork tomorrow. I read up on autoimmune diseases and almost had a heart attack (big mistake), so.. wish me luck. 😅
You got this.

My sister went through a lot of doctors before she found a good one. Now me and mom see the same one. My sister had Endo. She dealt with it from the time she was 30. Had a hysterectomy at 40. My family is loaded with woman repro issues.

Last edited:
Not at all! There is a constant battle in my head over what I should do. Right now I'm trying to maintain. If she passes (she doesn't act ill other than her neck) or if I put her down, I debate whether to send her off to the lab or my taxidermist. If I didn't question the Marek's, it would be straight to my taxidermist though.

You have no idea how much patience I'm putting into this damn bird. Kathy (and crew) and Shiner do. Shiner thinks I'm nuts.

Here's a snippet...
Oh I see, that is a hard decision.
If it came down to it, for whatever reason, I'd be happy to draw you something to remember her by. Just another option. ❤️
But she is currently alive! And she looks like such a sweetheart. I truly admire your dedication, she is a lucky bird. If you've got Kathy's ear then you certainly don't need my advice, but I'm rooting for y'all. 🥰

Oh I see, that is a hard decision.
If it came down to it, for whatever reason, I'd be happy to draw you something to remember her by. Just another option. ❤
But she is currently alive! And she looks like such a sweetheart. I truly admire your dedication, she is a lucky bird. If you've got Kathy's ear then you certainly don't need my advice, but I'm rooting for y'all. 🥰
Thank you Tessie!! That means a lot! :hugs🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom