Kiki's Friday Night EXPLOSION....ENDS TONIGHT July 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think you need something. What did you eat for supper?
Yeah I know which is why I decided not to go haha it’s hard though cause idk if it’s like a physical craving or just mental or what? But my body has been screaming at me all night that it needs sugar and something sweet, even now, still, plus I was pretty stressed tonight and I stress eat pretty bad so I was very close to actually going and getting the ice cream. But I didn’t.

I haven’t eaten dinner yet though. I just had that sub at like 4:30 or 5 and then I couldn’t cook (complicated) and too late now so probably will end up having crackers and PB again 😂🤣🙈

You do know that the reason eggs are so good for us is the yin/yang balance of the good and bad cholesterols in each egg that allows the body to property use both and not hold onto the bad stuff.

I love science.
And here I thought it was the zeaxanthin & lutein... No, I just know that humans have been eating eggs for a very long time and doubtless adapted to them. Also, the government said they were bad and as well-intended as I'm sure they are :lau, they're almost always wrong.

Yeah I know which is why I decided not to go haha it’s hard though cause idk if it’s like a physical craving or just mental or what? But my body has been screaming at me all night that it needs sugar and something sweet, even now, still, plus I was pretty stressed tonight and I stress eat pretty bad so I was very close to actually going and getting the ice cream. But I didn’t.

I haven’t eaten dinner yet though. I just had that sub at like 4:30 or 5 and then I couldn’t cook (complicated) and too late now so probably will end up having crackers and PB again 😂🤣🙈
The reason I asked what you ate is that it makes a big difference in those cravings. There's nothing wrong with you or your willpower, but if you eat empty carbs (that is, carbs with insufficient fiber & nutrients) your endocrine system will respond in a complex way to cause you to crave more empty carbs.

That's why, if you eat sugary and/or starchy foods, you'll crave more of the same... pretty much all day. People say bedtime is the worst time to eat sugary, starchy foods. Maybe that's true, but the one advantage may be that you're headed for bed and by morning the night's fast will have mostly reset your system.

If you can avoid bread (etc) & sugar (etc) for most of the day, you've won. The cravings you have will be from habit, not hormones. Habit is easy to defeat one moment at a time. Once you've knocked your hormonal system out of kilter though, it can be extremely hard to return to an even keel without a fast (your night's sleep.)

The reason I asked what you ate is that it makes a big difference in those cravings. There's nothing wrong with you or your willpower, but if you eat empty carbs (that is, carbs with insufficient fiber & nutrients) your endocrine system will respond in a complex way to cause you to crave more empty carbs.

That's why, if you eat sugary and/or starchy foods, you'll crave more of the same... pretty much all day. People say bedtime is the worst time to eat sugary, starchy foods. Maybe that's true, but the one advantage may be that you're headed for bed and by morning the night's fast will have mostly reset your system.

If you can avoid bread (etc) & sugar (etc) for most of the day, you've won. The cravings you have will be from habit, not hormones. Habit is easy to defeat one moment at a time. Once you've knocked your hormonal system out of kilter though, it can be extremely hard to return to an even keel without a fast (your night's sleep.)
Thanks, this makes a lot of sense!! I did have that sub earlier and oddly it did get worse after that so maybe that’s why? And maybe because I’ve been eating bad so often lately it just makes it worse and worse and harder and harder to break it???

Course there’s other reasons too but still.

I think though if I can get through a few days then maybe it’ll be easier? Thankfully we’re actually out of bread, ice cream, and everything else bad atm so this should be easier maybe.

I think I’m just gonna go to sleep tonight and start over tomorrow. Will probably be harder than it sounds but maybe not. I think I can do it this time. Idk why but I just do. Like idk... I just have this feeling all of a sudden that I can/will.

I even turned the TV off just now cause I was like “I don’t even wanna finish this episode. I just wanna go to bed.” Which is very unlike me.

But it’s part of this new thing. Idk. I feel really different all of a sudden. Better than I have lately.

And normally I actually have horrible willpower with everything, I get one little craving or urge or thought or whatever, for anything, and cave. But this time I feel really different. Stronger. Idk. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom