Kiki's Summer Stupendous Social Salad Splash

What do you call it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to hit the hay but I am having a great laugh at the time discussion - I grew up saying 10 of, quarter to, 20 of, for all the times in the half hour before the next hour, and 10 after, quarter after, etc. One day I said quarter of to my son, who was about 14 at the time, and he gave me this look that to this day makes me laugh just thinking about it - he said, "I have no idea what that means. Why can't you just say 8:45 like the clock does?"

On the radio today I heard an economist talking about the stock market say, "It's an old joke among economists that the stock market has predicted 9 of the last 5 crashes."

Potatoes, I've yet to discover a cooking method that makes them taste un-good. Maybe it's my Irish ancestry, I think they are second only to bread in deliciousness.

@WhatTheDuckingDuck tonight's is the first goose video of yours I've had time to watch, and you and your geese are adorable, they are truly your pals, and it shows. I have wanted geese forever but can't talk DH into dealing with the poop they would leave all over the grass he tends. The one dark one (I don't know what color it's called in goose world) is so funny, and so adores you, it warmed my heart.

@KDOGG331 I'm relieved you're feeling better and happy you joined the party.

@MROO I'm keeping good thoughts for you and yours.

@Kiki thanks for another great party thread. You attract a delightful and eclectic group that I adore.

'night all :frow

I'm bout ready to crash. I woke up at 8am, I usually get up at 10-11. It depends on my mood.

I'm still hungry even after eating that whole slab of steak though..
Lol I slept in and got up at 5:30

Lol I slept in and got up at 5:30
I once stayed up till around midnight, got up at 3am and had energy throughout the whole day. I think I'll do that more.

I have to hit the hay but I am having a great laugh at the time discussion - I grew up saying 10 of, quarter to, 20 of, for all the times in the half hour before the next hour, and 10 after, quarter after, etc. One day I said quarter of to my son, who was about 14 at the time, and he gave me this look that to this day makes me laugh just thinking about it - he said, "I have no idea what that means. Why can't you just say 8:45 like the clock does?"

On the radio today I heard an economist talking about the stock market say, "It's an old joke among economists that the stock market has predicted 9 of the last 5 crashes."

Potatoes, I've yet to discover a cooking method that makes them taste un-good. Maybe it's my Irish ancestry, I think they are second only to bread in deliciousness.

@WhatTheDuckingDuck tonight's is the first goose video of yours I've had time to watch, and you and your geese are adorable, they are truly your pals, and it shows. I have wanted geese forever but can't talk DH into dealing with the poop they would leave all over the grass he tends. The one dark one (I don't know what color it's called in goose world) is so funny, and so adores you, it warmed my heart.

@Kiki thanks for another great party thread. You attract a delightful and eclectic group that I adore.

:love :love we all adore you too!!! And thank you! I am too. I was a little bit worried because I looked up the symptoms and matched several of them plus it continued into the next day but then it went away the day after that and I felt totally fine so :confused:

And Iโ€™m glad I joined the party too! I havenโ€™t really felt like socializing much this week. :oops:

Iโ€™m glad I changed my mind though. And I apologize if I worried anyone โค๏ธ:oops:

Oh and your son reminds me of my friend. :lau she never knows what that means either and never learned how to read an analog clock lol it was always just hard for her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom