Kiki's Summer Stupendous Social Salad Splash

What do you call it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed she does :D Highschool me did not and I still have a soft spot for ska years later.
Understandable lol there’s some songs that I used to love and I listen to now and I’m like this is.... terrible ??? Yet still somehow love it and listen for the nostalgia lmao I am also now much more into stuff with an actual good rhythm or melody or whatever and like good playing, like actually musically good songs, as opposed to just whatever else if I’m making sense haha so now I listen to stuff and I’m like the instrumentation sucks 😂🙈

Yeah but it was rather unkind of me to get Banty to listen to a ska song. I fear she found the experience traumatic.
Hahah omg 😂 some of it is terrible but some is pretty good. What would you consider Stick Figure and Rebulation? My brothers used to be obsessed with them lol and I actually like them too :love RBF was.... a lot more chaotic than I remember 😂🤣 they were good live though lol I feel like that kind of thing is better live.

Hahah omg 😂 some of it is terrible but some is pretty good. What would you consider Stick Figure and Rebulation? My brothers used to be obsessed with them lol and I actually like them too :love RBF was.... a lot more chaotic than I remember 😂🤣 they were good live though lol I feel like that kind of thing is better live.
Not familiar with either of those bands. According to google both are reggae which was never really my thing.

Not familiar with either of those bands. According to google both are reggae which was never really my thing.
Huh, interesting! Thanks! :) I like some of it but then some I don’t. And I remember they would always play the same few songs every time we went on the boat, I think they had a CD, so I would always get sooo bored and sick of them 😂🤣🙈 but now I like both of them haha I actually forgot about them till tonight though so thanks! :D there’s one other one they used to listen to that I can’t remember and is driving me crazy.

I just listened to "Sell Out." Is that what we're talking about?
Yes. That was their one main stream hit (ironically). Basically ska is an offshoot of punk that incorporates trumpets and other brass and tends to have really bouncy upbeat instrumental music (even if the lyrics are dark). Early No Doubt songs are also ska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom