Kiki's WeekEND Home Made Goodie Goodness

Will the Dog show up today?

• Total voters
IME (for what that's worth), if a rooster is human aggressive, it tends to get worse not better as it matures. They generally get better with the hens as they learn their moves. Sooooo, if you're okay with him attacking you, and there are no littles around and your family is okay with it, you can decide whether to put up with this behavior or not.

My two up-and-coming thugs attack me less and less as my aim improves. (Sorry if that offends anyone, but I can't throw a random stick hard enough to hurt anything anyway. 🤷‍♀️) I am about ready to do a butchering-for-stock day. Just waiting to make sure I have a few likely lads ready to step up to the plate.
I had a lovely rooster towards me but he was a brute with the girls. I spend a lot of money on aprons for all 9 girls and he still managed to do harm. I got rid of him. I have six of his offspring. I’m waiting to see which one is taking his place.

Way back before they were "discovered" by most hobbyists, I had a gorgeous line of yellow cobra guppies. I used to sell them to our local pet store (back when you were allowed to do that sort of thing.) Then we moved, and a blizzard happened. A week without power and freezing temps throughout the house cost me all my young stock and the older ones never quite recovered. SO sad!!!! They were so unique - and had the most incredible tails ... not like the so-called cobras of today. I almost want to start up again to get 'em back ... almost ...
no you wont!👮‍♂️ Ha!

It hit 90 before the noonmark and gonna be hot and sticky all week again. 🥵

Trying to muster the enthusiasm needed to fire up the air fryer or oven for anything ain't happening today, but maybe I can dump some stuff in the breadmaker for a quick and dirty loaf of bread. PB&J sam'iches with lemonade ain't half bad during a hot spell.
DS just ran out for fresh tomatoes (mine are all big and beautiful ... and bright, bright GREEN!) so we can make fried Spam sandwiches. If the Farm Market is still open, he'll have good 'meters ... and I just may skip the Spam altogether!

Okay - Now I can OFFICIALLY reiterate my previous statement:
Those look AWESOME!
As in ... WOW!
My seedless blackberries have just started bearing fruit, this summer - big and sweet and juicy. I'm thinkin' I need to make one of those to showcase them!
Let me repeat myself"
Wow!
Those are not mine. :D
Gluten free Dutch Babies don't look nearly that good (they are still a work in progress) However they are super easy to make using regular flour.
Mix. Pour. Bake. Consume!

no you wont!👮‍♂️ Ha!
You're absolutely right! Which is why the emphasis is on the "almost!" I do want to set up a guppy tank again, though. I love me some fancy guppies! :D

I've kept a guppy tank for years, but took it down last Fall, anticipating some major maintenance/update projects this Spring. I was planning to have my 100-year old, disgusting wooden floors redone. At the rate this virus mess is holding up my finances, though, that's gonna be some time waaaaay in the future. I sure miss my wiggly fishies. They're almost as soothing as chicken therapy, except that I can do it in the AC or heat!

Back
Top Bottom