Kiki's White Trash and or Nerdy Birthday Bash Funeral

SIL (living in a college dorm) got a spontaneous Aussie puppy from a friend in her horse circle. Accidental litter.. very aloof and domineering little dude.
Hub's cousins (also live on the ranch) recently got a chocolate lab puppy. He is an absolute unit. Built like a freakin cinderblock.

In total the ranch has two Aussie puppies, a lab puppy, a grown lab, a German Shepherd, a papillon, and some Chihuahua mutt.
We took Chester there last week for a family BBQ and it was like a boarding facility lmao. So many dogs. I realize now that I didn't take any pictures, but I was hyperfocused on making it a positive socialization experience for Chesman.
Oh no! 😭 hope he comes around hah sounds like a bit of a handful! Are they on the ranch now? Or is there another Aussie puppy?

And hahaha yess!!! Labs are like tanks! Freaking moose’s 😂🤣

But oh my gosh! I am so jealous!! I would love to be somewhere with that many dogs and animals! Hahaha my dream 😂🤣 especially those breeds!! I literally love all those breeds :love :love 🥰

What other animals do they have!? 🤔 :pop

And that’s totally understandable!! I would be too with that many other dogs and I’m sure tons of people and other stuff going on haha

But Goldens, even working lines, I think are a bit more adaptable in that regard and better suited to doing both (pet and work) than say a Malinois or Border Collie who really aren’t pets and are more either or.
Well, I disagree, but thankfully most people don't have access to working lines anyway.
I've seen a lot (in research, not in person) of neurotic retrievers that were bred for working lines but don't have an outlet. Lots of OCD type behaviours—light obsession, manic drooling, self destruction, etc... also seen in spaniels.

Although I did have the honour of knowing a Golden with an impressive bite record. 🙂 Muzzled for every vet appt.. a real treat to groom. (not)
Breed stereotypes be damned!
In all seriousness I believe he came from a puppy mill and had something wrong in the head.

Oh no! 😭 hope he comes around hah sounds like a bit of a handful! Are they on the ranch now? Or is there another Aussie puppy?

And hahaha yess!!! Labs are like tanks! Freaking moose’s 😂🤣

But oh my gosh! I am so jealous!! I would love to be somewhere with that many dogs and animals! Hahaha my dream 😂🤣 especially those breeds!! I literally love all those breeds :love :love 🥰

What other animals do they have!? 🤔 :pop

And that’s totally understandable!! I would be too with that many other dogs and I’m sure tons of people and other stuff going on haha
There are two separate Aussie puppies, Teddy and Suede. Polar opposites.
They have about a dozen horses, 800 or so cattle, chickens, turkeys (for now), a barn cat..
My MIL is very dear to my heart and a fellow exotic nut. I think she currently has a gargoyle gecko, a blue tongued skink, a pac-man frog, and... some fancy fish.

eta- SIL doesn't live in a real dorm, my bad. She lives somewhere near campus with a bunch of other 19 year olds.

Last edited:
Well, I disagree, but thankfully most people don't have access to working lines anyway.
I've seen a lot (in research, not in person) of neurotic retrievers that were bred for working lines but don't have an outlet. Lots of OCD type behaviours—light obsession, manic drooling, self destruction, etc... also seen in spaniels.

Although I did have the honour of knowing a Golden with an impressive bite record. 🙂 Muzzled for every vet appt.. a real treat to groom. (not)
Breed stereotypes be damned!
In all seriousness I believe he came from a puppy mill and had something wrong in the head.
Oh yeah they can for sure be a bit neurotic and crazy if they don’t have that outlet!! I was more meaning like as long as they do have that outlet then they can still also be pets and like goofy, loving, cuddly, etc. and have an “off switch” and stuff. Whereas most Mals and BCs are like super serious workaholics all the time haha not that they can’t be pets, but just they’re way too much for most people haha though working line Goldens definitely can be too much for most people too! :D

And I actually imagine some of the super infamous top working and sporting kennels aren’t much different than a Mal or BC 😂🤣

But as long as they have that outlet, I think they’re maybe a touch easier but this is all just hypothetical cause I’ve never really met any of these breeds. Except Goldens but they weren’t working line.

But anyway, I should have clarified better, I’m sorry. :oops: I think we are both on the same page but I just was not being clear. :oops:

I think a well bred dog with an outlet and given a job to do can be great. :love

And that’s why if I ever got a dog, I’m considering getting a Golden or an Aussie (or a Lab) because I think they’re just a little easier to live with and suit my personality better. Cause Mals and BCs I think would be too much even for someone like me who loves training 😂🤣

I like goofy, fun loving dogs. :love

Or I might just get a cute rescue mutt 😂🤣

But this is all just very very hypothetical because I wouldn’t get one for like at least a few years.

But I want to do agility and nosework and possibly rally or obedience so I don’t mind a little crazy 😂🤣

There are two separate Aussie puppies, Teddy and Suede. Polar opposites.
They have about a dozen horses, 800 or so cattle, chickens, turkeys (for now), a barn cat..
My MIL is very dear to my heart and a fellow exotic nut. I think she currently has a gargoyle gecko, a blue tongued skink, a pac-man frog, and... some fancy fish.

eta- SIL doesn't live in a real dorm, my bad. She lives somewhere near campus with a bunch of other 19 year olds.
So interesting to me how even dogs from the same breed (and even litter) can be so different! I guess that’s why finding the right breeder is important so you at least have a better shot at getting what you want haha

And oh wow that is a lot of animals!!! :eek: that’s amazing though!!! Can I move in!? 😂🤣

And ah okay that makes sense!! I was gonna say 😂🤣 though I have heard of people in dorms getting dogs. Sometimes they just sneak them in and sometimes they get an ESA letter so they can have them which I think is kind of crappy for people that actually need them but yeah.

I forgot to post this before but my zucchini plant kind of exploded overnight 😂🤣 it was not standing up like that the day before! It’s almost as tall as the tomatoes 😂:eek: :th

D5358034-4815-4F54-9348-CE0FC19A78C6.jpeg
B5A2CE90-1FAE-4F53-928E-7DE931D17FFD.jpeg
C6ADA4FD-54B4-4EFC-9609-791BE7564083.jpeg

Also.... was this bug eating this poor fly ooooooorrrrrrrrr ????? :eek: and what kind of bug is it??

5554DCFD-7567-4B0D-A6AD-29383E0E2724.jpeg
874694DF-7F4F-4B19-8D81-4FCC45174CDF.jpeg
20152053-DBE7-48F1-BE01-B7CB80D11F03.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom