killing a dog that killed your poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have neighbors they told us they used to have chickens. kid comes over to feed them. they used to live up the road. they are now thinking of moving back home. they told me one night they watched their neighbor pull up the fencing on the wire and shoved his dog underneath and let him murder all his chickens. they are thinking of selling and moving home cause they said they just don't care for some of the people around here (let alone the dogs)

yep i guess that is what i should have done. but then i might face time and time again animals be killed not to mention the hassle of being in court all the time.

If you could "confine" the dog, why did you feel the need to shoot it?

What ever "confine"ing means- leash? corner it? I mean, obviously, if the dog was tame enough to be confined and shot TWICE, then it is not a vicious (to human) dog.

because i was under the impression i had the right to shoot it and i did have that right...........i just didn't have the right to confine it while i did it

so if i carry a shot gun while i work around my property and shoot any dog i see on my property anywhere near my chickens i'm fine legally i guess.

You know I see where there is the right to protect your property but I would never kill the dog. It's cruel, shame on you. Are you any better than the dog??? It was just doing what it was bred to do and you killed him for it. Your not any better than the dog. since you could apparently catch the dog you shouldve locked it up and called animal control. Im sorry about your chickens and I do understand about them but you are no better than that dog that you killed. And no one can change my mind Im an animal lover and it was following its instincts. Im sorry about your birds.

but then i am a terrible shot and probably would have caused it to suffer a couple of shots before it was dead..........

because i was under the impression i had the right to shoot it and i did have that right...........i just didn't have the right to confine it while i did it

Wow. Just wow. Having the 'right' to shoot an animal does not make it right. I can legally shoot any wildlife on my property, but in no does that mean I will go out and shoot the squirrels up the trees, or the cats that poop in my flower bed. I do get the dog killing the chickens, I do. I do get the shooting a vicious dog, but I will never get the luring a dog in to a shed or wherever to continually use it for target practice. (Assuming a shed, as you have never really said what your version of 'confine' is.)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom