Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Frugal,

Thanks for the help!

I have been looking for just this info for such a long time. I'm a little late to harvest some roosters (10-11 wks), and been holding out for more info.

Again, Thank you!
smile.png

Ronnie

Slaughtered my first roo last week, and the instructions/pics you provided was invaluable -really gave me a sense of confidence to tackle the job! Thanks so much! But I'm still not planning on eating the liver -that's doggie treats!

I wish I had the guts to do this. I have not cried since I was in grade school but I would be sobbing if I butchered one of my chickens. Maybe one day I can raise one with the intention of eating him and never grow attached but I doubt it is in the cards for me.

This is the best thing i have seen yet . I followed the directions step by step. except o did not have the space suit (i will next time) Everything went great . I highly reccmond this to any one wanting to do it them self.
Thanks To Frugal for posting it!!!!!

When I butchered my first batch of Cornish Xs I just skinned them and did not dunk the. I wasn't intending to butcher any that day, but when I was carrying on he jumped out of my arms, landed on the ground and died, so I butchered him. He had a bruise on his breastbone, no broken neck. Then I processed the other three. I skinned them all because I had no time to pluck. I really like this thread because it shows me how it should have been done.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom