Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

I'd pay $ to come help you frugal !!!
wink.png

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words.

For some reason I didn't snap any pics of the whole setup. It's real easy to forget a pic or two when you're doing a How To pictorial. I did a pictorial on baking braided loaves of bread once and had to do it over 3 times to get all the appropriate pics because each braid was so unique. On this pictorial I forgot to take pictures of cleaning the gizzard so when I discovered this (the next day) I killed another bird to get the gizzard shots. Butchering your chickens is alot easier than making a How To pictorial of the process!

When you enter my shed I had the killing cones and the scalding pot on the right wall. Continuing onto the back wall I had my plucker and chilling tank. Going down the left side I had tables to eviscerate and clean. The final cleaning took place on my patio and the packaging was done in my home.

I had ice filled chilling tanks along every part of the process. I always keep my birds as cold as possible.

I did about 150 birds that day and had a dozen friends helping. We were completely done by mid-afternoon.

Awesome post by far one of the best I have ever seen on butchering. Would love to see one on deer processing. lol

Quote:
I did one a couple of weeks ago and missed so many pics I decided not to post it. I do have one on skinning a deer that is OK, not great but OK. I'm going hunting again this weekend and am planning on doing a How To on cutting up a whitetail next week. Do people post articles about anything other than birds here?

Frugal,

Thanks for the great Information.

Looking at your 1st and 2nd pictures I wonder if you could tell me
where you got that killing cone?

I would have struggled with a true "cone" shape but I see
the logic of your design.

Did you buy it or create it yourself?

Thanks

Quote:
I bought my cones online at: Cornerstone Farms They're friendly, helpful and had almost everything I wanted in stock.

I have friends that use old orange road cones for killing cones. They work great and you can usually find one cheap or for nothing.

I would think you could post one about processing deer but that would probably be one for the moderaters. But I would love to know how I am tired of dealing with processer's.

Back
Top Bottom