Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Quote:
Quote:
it is sticky'd ,, kinda
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words.

It was wet but not real cold.

We did 150 birds in about 6 hours including clean-up but that does not include setting up.

The How-To pictorials I post on the net are free, I like it that way.

Last edited:
Hi I too would like to thank you for posting this, will be very helpfull to me at least.

Next I would like to let you know that on the index at the bottom is a section for eggs, other recipes and cooking, I don't know about anyone else but I would love to see the picture lesson on the braided breads. Thank you again.

Hey Frugal

A perfect place to post deer processing would be on Sufficient Self in the hunting section. It is a sister site to BYC. You can click on it at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for posting this. Now I am more willing to try it. I was afraid I would skip something important before.

whew.

One day I'm going to try this, but I'm pretty sure I'll seek the help of someone who has done it already.

i liked the cone -- the bird did not flap for 2 whole minutes.

smile.png

Great Post..been long time since I have killed a chicken and cleaned and will do it different with my chickens now.. what do you do with the feet that you skinned them..do you eat chicken feet?? I had never heard of it but guess some musy..I just wanted to know.I don't plan on eating them though. Probably won't be able to eat chicken for a while anyway..

Quote:
I make stock with the feet- just add them to the bones and veggies. So much connective tissue and collagen- makes the thickest stock you've ever seen!

Last edited:
Quote:
I make stock with the feet- just add them to the bones and veggies. So much connective tissue and collagen- makes the thickest stock you've ever seen!

I don't eat the feet although they do in some cultures. I do as Rufflemyfeathers does, STOCK, the best stock!

When I was younger I raised ducks and sold them to better restaurants in our tourist area and in the NYC area. I had standing orders for 100+ ducks a week. One day a chef asked me what I did with the feet. I told him I threw them away. He made a deal on the spot to buy as many pounds of feet as I could deliver. Extra money in my pocket. After that, I sold CLEAN feet to many restaurants, often using them to market my birds (ducks, pheasants, smoked pheasant, game hens), my bunnies and whatever forage was in season! Everyone wanted them so they often bought my other products

If you're raising birds for extra money, most every good restaurant will buy your CLEANED feet for stock.

I didn't clean the feet prior to making stock, however- does that matter? Actually, I "cleaned" them (scrubbed and cut off the toenails,) but I didn't skin them.

Quote:
The chefs I sold to wanted the feet peeled so I've always considered peeling as part of the cleaning process so I peel mine.

Back
Top Bottom