Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Just wanted to add my thank-you to the list. I'm a first time chicken owner and my friend was describing this process - literally! Now I have your pictures to help me understand. We are planning on just processing 2, but as a newbie, this will definitely help.

Thank you for a great reference!
smile.png

Quote:
I often forget to trim out the oil glands while processing my birds, but I trim them out before I cook it, even after it's been frozen and thawed, and it's never been a problem. They'll be fine!

Thanks for the pictures, I would have liked to see what to do with the chicken after the final picture. some people say stick it in the fridge overnight before doing anything with it, other say to stick it in cold water for hours for the meat to relax, etc

Quote:
I do all my packing last so the birds have been chilling in ice water for 3-4 hours before they are cut and packed.

Quote:
We have 5 gallon buckets that we soak them in a salt-water brine for 24-48 hours in an extra refrigerator in the garage. Makes them nice and tender.
thumbsup.gif

Very educational...thank you for taking the time to do this. Pictures are worth a thousand words when it comes to learning.

Back
Top Bottom