Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Um....call me silly but what do you do with the feet?
hu.gif
You wouldn't....gulp *shivers*...um...eat them would you?
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
eww thats like a train wreck...looks disgusting but u just cant look away...is that a worldwide saying? hate for some1 to get the wrong idea by it...lol i knew i wasnt going to be able to look but i still clicked on it anyway...why oh why do i do this to myself...at least ill know what to do if we ever run out of money!! lol

Harley's girl :

hu.gif
sickbyc.gif

Check around page 7 of this thread. It discusses making stock with them.​

The DH and I talked about making a auto plucker lol where would you rent one I am in ohio just soon rent it then build one since I am only doing 30 meat birds a yr.

Harley's girl :

hu.gif
sickbyc.gif

The feet have a ton of collagen in them, so when you add them to stock, it really thickens it up. In some countries, I'm told, you can get fried chicken feet on the streets, from vendors.​

Thank you so much for the great info. I remember as a kid that Dad just chopped the heads off and the chickens went everywhere. I wondered how the cone worked. I also didn't know there was so much to cleaning the bird. I just had "gizzard duty" then, so didn't get in on anything but scalding. I'll keep this post for when we start butchering.

Harley's girl :

hu.gif
sickbyc.gif

I make the best chicken stock on the planet with mine...​

Thanks Frugal! You're the best.

We just processed 12 BR cockerels today using your pics and instructions. Couldn't have done it without you! Now I know we can do this, again and again.

Back
Top Bottom