Kind of stuff to feed chickns !??

Roosten95

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 25, 2012
What are some simple but good things to feed my hen rooster nd 3 chicks. . . i want my hen to lay so i can hatch her eggs so any feeds that may help. . .

Thanks..

Most important thing is the proper food. Chick starter for babies and no Layer food till they start to lay. Then make sure they get layer food or flock raiser with oyster shell on the side. You don't say if you mean total food or what kind of treats to give them so I'm assuming here. Anything other than their proper food isn't completely necessary but some things are helpful like fresh greens or even just access to grass. They eat grass.

Most important thing is the proper food. Chick starter for babies and no Layer food till they start to lay. Then make sure they get layer food or flock raiser with oyster shell on the side. You don't say if you mean total food or what kind of treats to give them so I'm assuming here. Anything other than their proper food isn't completely necessary but some things are helpful like fresh greens or even just access to grass. They eat grass.

x2

welcome-byc.gif
old.gif
Welcome to BYC.This is an excellent site for info.All that is said I totally agree with.A few other things that I throw out from time to time is 1)I throw a handful or 2 of black oil sunflower seeds.I also will get scratch and throw out a handful or 2.Not at the same time.I give them fruits (no citrus) left overs from the table,bananas w/out peeling as they get to ripe.Don't feed them bad scraps.I feed them eggs and egg shells.This is things after they have gotten a little older and started eating grit.Soft stuff I feel will be alright You will find that they are little pigs with feathers.Good luck.There is a post on here that will give you more ideas of what and what not to feed
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom