Kitchen Aid mixers - who has one and how would you rate it?

Quote:
I loved mine, but the gears stripped after only 4 years. Last summer I started to used it to knead my bread every other day or so. It only lasted about for 6 months. Never used it higher than speed 2 per instructions, but it started leaving metal shavings in my dough. According to a lot of reviews this is common with the newer ones. The older ones were made by a different company and don't have this problem.

I'm going to buy a Bosch in a couple weeks. My mom owns a daycare and makes her own bread everyday to feed 30 kids and she LOVES the Bosch. They are a little more expensive than a KitchenAid, but if they last longer its worth it.

I think I found a good deal on the one I want, what do you think? I want to order it before my husband heads out of town. And if my other dream comes true, I will order one for my mom as well... pretty sure she will like it.
wink.png

http://www.everythingkitchens.com/kitchen_aid_pro_600.html

You have all given me the confidence that this is a good appliance to purchase; so I am going to go for it! I cannot wait to start baking more and making more fresh homemade goodies for my family. Yay!!! Again, thank you all SOOOO much for helping me to decide!!!
smile.png

We have had one for a few years now. I only make bread when I absolutely have to, but it's a great help then. We use it to grate large amounts of cheese, zuuchini, and some other things I don't remember.
roll.png
I like it!

I got mine for an early Christmas present back in November. I got an Artisan series model. We bought it from JC Penney; they were having a big sale and I had a coupon that I could use for an extra 15% off.

I LOVE IT.

Baking is soooo much easier with a big mixer. I used to use a spoon...or a not-very-powerful electric mixer from Target. I'd have to stand there and do it. Now I can multitask; the KitchenAid mixes up whatever I'm making while I'm getting the pan ready or measuring other ingredients. It saves lots of time! It's also very easy to clean. Mine sits right on my counter, so putting it away is easy, too.

Things I have used the KitchenAid for so far beyond cakes and cookies: mixing up a bean dip, making guacamole, whisking egg whites, making Gump bread...

I have one
We like it alot..but it seems that the bread dough bogs it down or something...i can hear the motor working hard when we make bread with it... (which is the whole reason we even got one...lol)

I have not read all the threads, but IMO get it. I also do a lot of baking and using the hand mixer is starting to take a toll on my hands. The mixer also does all my dough kneading for me. I make A LOT of Gump's bread. Making double batches of cookie dough is a time saver. . I do not have the extra attachments so I couldn't help you there. Again, I say get it. It will make your life much easier.

The only attachment I use, on mine, is the dough hook....and once a year I will use the whisk when whipping up a BIG batch of cookies for Xmas.

But for bread, I use it a lot. At least once a week, I make a slow-fermented bread dough which takes several days to "ripen" in the fridge before baking. My KA is great for kneading in the salt on whole-grain dough that's already gone through a 24-hour ferment. I can't remember what type it is, but it has a steel bowl that "snaps" into place.

I have one that is used alot. Double batches of cookies, heavy breads it has handled it all. I can't however testify as to how well they last because I've only had it for thirty years.

Back
Top Bottom