Kitten Care Apron

They are so cute! I can't believe someone would just leave these little guys outside in a box. But it looks like the calico isn't actually a calico... his color looks to be caused by the agouti gene, diluting black to brown, rather than sex linked red, which makes calicos.
I don't actually know much about cat genetics, but we were questioning if he was actually a calico, is there any way I could tell for sure?

I am so honored to meet a person like you who is able to care for an animal risking heart break by finding them a furever home. I love cats. I couldn't do what you do. So I do what I can by donating to animal shelters near me.

I am so honored to meet a person like you who is able to care for an animal risking heart break by finding them a furever home. I love cats. I couldn't do what you do. So I do what I can by donating to animal shelters near me.
This was incredibly sweet, thank you! I can't deny that heartbreak has been a part of it, I cried last time I rehomed a kitten. Little Pele, she was very special but we have four cats already. I can at least say that I haven't lost a kitten in eight years, no matter how sick they've gotten.

Donating to animal shelters can make such a difference! It is something I can't actually do, so I'm glad you have found that alternative to fostering :)

A small update!

Jg78EjXMHuAsLNHoqgQkmGPVPituAH5GLbLBQrfoooxbUqD0lh0y0_ixZML6o-86Q71bKUgKIT8Zh_ZNQCtpSwXy4WcfBa0ubO3M9JwKGJUZyCEB_dlounIB6e8xNWdVEvP0FHlZeK38hyjjI4IClMySsUogDPKfz74REld5Jb1fteH2DJrQJ891kIOi3_XYobceueOG2JqvhCeb1MCYikPKFdQUUAoYByEswygKTq7YUcB_ykJ0V8Ok7r1KH4eqI8Ye67LFUrNE5tjUXSWYi744Dpajoxm1ZDTWDMlqphc-k5zVXClIgIqIyV0fzi0QsoQnXqK3-YHzbTxOe8oVWJytRj2ORQq7z_de0oPAzkwCDrPYVOMSYTaNE45mRbg_3CggMWYeD_r833Eu0N9_PxKKsMuGxsYmHPhMNIt0BTqHaT6KaTVGJZdPjKiUN5MIkCVSFEOpNsXNi8k374Zjp52ULh737ccDQSjXWaGiQYgQ6i5gzLbevB36ZjUAhHsImWKBBcV6a8PVf_IQQbCGX5ul0DIv1JQsYjwYA_LGSI1VVdOS0AiDx-kY-qViAot5laLKKLVYocXnghVDUKZ9zraQjACFj8ZUYZTvcsHMTzymXb1VdRBw-JbWbtjLzhrBwArRUmUXW9vjy9np8tbn4o8BrCJcumaNY0Ow_RIijtmQOhM1pEUavQ=w359-h625-no

The neckline has been cut and hemmed, I honestly forgot how much I sincerely enjoy felling hems, I cut it the wrong size the first time and in my distracted kitten-care scattered brain, I didn't check before hemming, so I had to cut it and hem the whole thing again. No complaints honestly, the second time went much faster.

Next up is hemming the sides and bottom! I think it will lose it's appeal before I am finished. Then it will be pocket time, I have a beautiful kitten themed fleece blanket that will be sacrificed for pocket lining and bottle insulation.

After that I will need to punch and sew the lace holes and pick out my cording of choice. I may recruit some help and braid them from some of the smaller string or twine I have laying around.

I see what you are working with here! I've rehabilitated many critters, wild and domestic. So I see your pain, in the neck! Lol but since, I've had 2 children of my own. I got a baby carrier, to carry my kid on my back. (I do miles of hiking.) Well I found one I really like, that might be a good start for you. You could get some ideas on straps and such. I carried my kids till they was old enough to follow me, I wanna say my son was 30lbs last time I packed him. I have herniated disc and neck and shoulder problems. If you could take the straps off of it, and build like a mesh carrier on it. You would be set and ready for kitten carrying for days! Mine is similar to the one linked below. But I have put my moms small dog in it, he enjoyed it lol

https://ergobaby.com/baby-carrier/360-all-positions-baby-carrier-cool-air-mesh-sea-mist

Stitch in something like this!
https://www.chewy.com/jespet-soft-s...OuFUpG9fB8TbAmucqbZQ4Xn5Fdt1PJWBoCpkEQAvD_BwE

I see what you are working with here! I've rehabilitated many critters, wild and domestic. So I see your pain, in the neck! Lol but since, I've had 2 children of my own. I got a baby carrier, to carry my kid on my back. (I do miles of hiking.) Well I found one I really like, that might be a good start for you. You could get some ideas on straps and such. I carried my kids till they was old enough to follow me, I wanna say my son was 30lbs last time I packed him. I have herniated disc and neck and shoulder problems. If you could take the straps off of it, and build like a mesh carrier on it. You would be set and ready for kitten carrying for days! Mine is similar to the one linked below. But I have put my moms small dog in it, he enjoyed it lol

https://ergobaby.com/baby-carrier/360-all-positions-baby-carrier-cool-air-mesh-sea-mist

Stitch in something like this!
https://www.chewy.com/jespet-soft-s...OuFUpG9fB8TbAmucqbZQ4Xn5Fdt1PJWBoCpkEQAvD_BwE
That is a fascinating idea! It seems too bulky for my casual kitchen use, but certainly an idea worth exploring. No hiking in my future unfortunately :p

No children, but my mother would sympathize! She has some scoliosis from carrying me while camping.

All the hemming is done! Surprisingly, I did not get sick of it and so finished it all in about two and a half hours.

Ladies, gentlemen, gentle beings, if you find reward in small, simple tasks but have found yourself with a dislike of sewing, I beg of you, try felling and running stitches.

I will update tomorrow with pocket progress!

I can really see your vision now. Looking forward to more pictures. That's inspiring my creativity to make an egg collection apron. But I need to crochet a blanket for my grand daughter first.
I use a basket for egg collection so far, but an apron sounds so cute! Especially with a pocket or chatelaine for garden scissors. Half the time I collect eggs, I am also after herbs for dinner. Perhaps a little pocket for chicken treats too... this is getting away from me.

Good luck with the blanket! I crochet too, but I've mostly just done a scarf and several cat toys, a blanket is an incredible accomplishment with crocheting.

Back
Top Bottom