Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

Veggies! Good for you! I have a black thumb so can’t do much that needs special effort :lol: ... here is the pond and the pics of the turtles are with my tablet off my phone so not so great.. I’ll have t get some of the fish.. that’s hard:rolleyes:... the turtles are Steven and Parker:lol:... my son actually went and caught them for me... also two bass fish which I did not keep.. I brought them to a friends pond.. I didn’t want them to eat the goldfish.. View attachment 2099863View attachment 2099864View attachment 2099865

Hey--really late reply. I found your pond pics while searching through some threads and just wanted to say be sure to give those turtles a place to fully come out of the water so they can bask, if you haven't already. Super important for them, even for water turtles. Beautiful job!

Hey--really late reply. I found your pond pics while searching through some threads and just wanted to say be sure to give those turtles a place to fully come out of the water so they can bask, if you haven't already. Super important for them, even for water turtles. Beautiful job!
Thank you! Yes.. I do have that .... the full pic of the pond was before I got them... I actually released them as I did not think that they were eating... but he brought me a tiny wee baby black-knobbed map turtle.. he is not in the pond yet and he is eating :)..... thank you for your concern:hugs

Thank you! Yes.. I do have that .... the full pic of the pond was before I got them... I actually released them as I did not think that they were eating... but he brought me a tiny wee baby black-knobbed map turtle.. he is not in the pond yet and he is eating :)..... thank you for your concern:hugs

That's awesome! I love map turtles. And turtles in general. I raised dozens of rescue turtles as a kid in the FL panhandle. Weirdest hobby ever. These days I'm filling my quota of dinosaur energy with chickens :jumpy How did you do the rock stack around the pond? It looks fantastic.

That's awesome! I love map turtles. And turtles in general. I raised dozens of rescue turtles as a kid in the FL panhandle. Weirdest hobby ever. These days I'm filling my quota of dinosaur energy with chickens :jumpy How did you do the rock stack around the pond? It looks fantastic.
I don’t think that’s weird at all!!! That’s awesome!! :love

But yes, I too am filling the quota with chickens now LOL the population has exploded 😂🤣🙈

That’s really great! And I don’t think that’s weird.. I think it’s cool!
And the rock stack... honestly.. I don’t know :lol: ... I was telling hubs... how are we supposed to do this!? We had no clue.. we just started piling them up:D.... and thank you so much! I like it and it’s nice to know that others think it looks nice! Here’s the turtle and some of my fish.. if you hadn’t come across these pics yet...
44CC80F3-604F-4C81-A878-F6B6056902D5.jpeg
F8FDFB8F-3FFE-4B87-A14B-FD356FD8ED6D.jpeg

@WhoDatChick, I hadn't seen those pictures. Nice! I think that's the official guidance for stacking rock--just do it. At least that's how we've been doing it. Was hoping you knew something we didn't :) Our property is chock-full of rocks, so we've been stacking them.
I love that!!! There’s a lot of rocks here in New England too or used to be, though I’ve never seen any that size. There’s old stone walls all over the place from old farms and stuff like several hundred years ago. I’ve always thought they were neat.

https://stonewall.uconn.edu/resources/primer/frequently-asked-questions/#

https://www.earthmagazine.org/article/history-science-and-poetry-new-englands-stone-walls

Second article is a bit long but interesting I thought. Never read about it before.

Back
Top Bottom