Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

I have 28 cats!!! I'm going to over-post as soon as I get home to take pictures. Each have there own unique stories and perks. I'm gonna post the ones that I have pictures of right now. BTW these guys need a home. I'm located in SE Kansas.
View attachment 1590704
This is Silver Stream. We came up with his name from one of my favorite series of books. He is a very curious little guy that is an offspring of one of our other cats. He loves to give kisses and is looking for a good home. PM me for any of the kittens in this post.
View attachment 1590705 This is Little Terror. He is not looking for a home (We are planning on keeping him) He is a sweet little guy that also likes to give kisses. He doesn't like being held but he does like to cuddle.
View attachment 1590706 This is Turtle. She needs a good home. She is very skittish but curious. She loves to be held and cuddled. If you pet her just right, you might get one or two kisses from her.
View attachment 1590709 This is Duncan. We are not sure if we are re-homing him or not yet. He is a very sweet baby that loves to cuddle and be held. He loves to give kisses, but he is a very annoying bed kitty.
That's a lot of kitties. So many need homes. :hmm

I love Bam Bams ear tufts. I wonder if my kitty is lonely. She doesn't seem to be. Do you find males more needy?

So you ended up with a troublemaker too given to you by the fates. He sounds like fun rascal. I like dog like cats. I don't like being snubbed by a cat, I take it personally. :lau

How does Domino feel living with two boys? I suppose this way she is queen.

I definitely need an orange tabby cat, so pretty.

Pip doesn't put up with an flack from the boys. She's the smallest but apparently when she swats them, that packs a punch, they don't really mess with her. We call her Stealth Kitty, she rarely makes any noise and seems quite happy to be off doing her own thing.

The boys are more vocal about wanting attention. Bam is a shy, timid guy but will let you know when he wants something. Opie makes demands...neck scratches, treats, to play with him, etc. He loves to sit at the kitchen table on a chair and watch us fixing dinner, sits with us to watch tv, sleeps on my feet every night (and he is a bed hog).

Love all 3 of them, our house wouldn't be the same without them!

Lots of cats here... Mostly strays or kittens that were dumped here.
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4575.JPG
upload_2018-11-15_15-13-3.png
upload_2018-11-15_15-13-28.png
upload_2018-11-15_15-14-19.png
IMG_5622.JPG

These guys were a litter of kittens that some guy had dropped off here along with a couple of other strays that was living in his garage.. All were re-homed to good homes, Kept the calico though, She's now the cat in the very first pic.
IMG_5225.JPG

Pip doesn't put up with an flack from the boys. She's the smallest but apparently when she swats them, that packs a punch, they don't really mess with her. We call her Stealth Kitty, she rarely makes any noise and seems quite happy to be off doing her own thing.

The boys are more vocal about wanting attention. Bam is a shy, timid guy but will let you know when he wants something. Opie makes demands...neck scratches, treats, to play with him, etc. He loves to sit at the kitchen table on a chair and watch us fixing dinner, sits with us to watch tv, sleeps on my feet every night (and he is a bed hog).

Love all 3 of them, our house wouldn't be the same without them!
Oops, I read domino and missed her real name of Pip. :oops: I was so excited to see your pictures.

I have kept both males and females over the years and males do seem more snuggly, and females want respect out of you, kinda the same with dogs. So do you prefer one sex over the other? Or it doesn't matter?

Sweet kitties. They love each other. We're they raised together?

No. The white one just showed up at my doorstep, and a year later we heard a cat meowing, but couldn't figure out where it was. I soon realized that it was hiding in the engine compartment of my car. I couldn't go anywhere until I got her out, and that took a week or more. I baited her with food and after a few days she got close enough where I could grab her. She wasn't happy when I brought her inside, but as soon as she saw white kitty she ran over to her and everything was OK. They really are a good match.

Oops, I read domino and missed her real name of Pip. :oops: I was so excited to see your pictures.

I have kept both males and females over the years and males do seem more snuggly, and females want respect out of you, kinda the same with dogs. So do you prefer one sex over the other? Or it doesn't matter?

Based on my experience with cats over the years, I'd have to say I prefer males. The ones I've had have been more affectionate.

Of course, when you get 2 boys together, be prepared for them to act just like brothers (human brothers)...
It all starts out as nice quiet fun:
IMG_1899.JPG

Then the wrestling starts
IMG_1900.JPG

What? We're not doing anything:
IMG_1901.JPG

And so it goes, every day...
IMG_1903.JPG

And Opie always wins and Bam goes off in a pout. Kids! :lau

No. The white one just showed up at my doorstep, and a year later we heard a cat meowing, but couldn't figure out where it was. I soon realized that it was hiding in the engine compartment of my car. I couldn't go anywhere until I got her out, and that took a week or more. I baited her with food and after a few days she got close enough where I could grab her. She wasn't happy when I brought her inside, but as soon as she saw white kitty she ran over to her and everything was OK. They really are a good match.
Wow, that's a crazy story. I'm glad you didn't start your car up until you got your kitty out. That's wonderful that they fell in love like that. They look like a great match.

Based on my experience with cats over the years, I'd have to say I prefer males. The ones I've had have been more affectionate.

Of course, when you get 2 boys together, be prepared for them to act just like brothers (human brothers)...
It all starts out as nice quiet fun:
View attachment 1590724

Then the wrestling starts
View attachment 1590725

What? We're not doing anything:
View attachment 1590726

And so it goes, every day...
View attachment 1590728

And Opie always wins and Bam goes off in a pout. Kids! :lau
That's hilarious. :lau

Back
Top Bottom