Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

Pics
I currently have one cat named Marshmallow that we got as a kitten from a shelter 12 years ago. His mom had been taken in by the shelter and ended up having kittens. He was the runt of the liter, with an ear infection and a deformed tail (he was born with it, it's hard to see in the photos, but it curls in a knot at the end). We decided to get him and it was one of the best decisions we've made. He is so friendly, loves to cuddle and play. He's quite the hunter, unfortunately for the birds and lizards around our house. He even brought in an elf owl once. Luckily, it wasn't injured and we got it out of our house with no problems.

View attachment 1591150 View attachment 1591151 View attachment 1591152
Did he get into a fight? He's good at getting comfortable. :)

Lots of cat catching up to do since I was last on yesterday :D I could say something about all of them but will settle for just these two:

Griffin:
Griffin is nothing but a big baby. He’s precious and super sweet
View attachment 1590912 View attachment 1590913

Oppie:
Oppie is my little munchkin
View attachment 1590914

Spike:
Spike is the “PICK ME UP PLEASE! WHATEVER YOURE DOING I MUST DO IT WITH YOU” type, my personal favorite :oops:
View attachment 1590915

Chester (and part of Oppie’s back):
Chester is much like Spike personality wise
View attachment 1590916 View attachment 1590917

Piper:
Piper likes to be secluded from everyone else, she’s sweet on the inside, but has a tough putter shell
View attachment 1590918

You have an Opie/Oppie too! And they're both boys the same color :lol: I know of at least one more member here on BYC that has an Opie too!

Did someone say Kitties?! I have 3.
This is Fat Gary, he's 15 now. I got him at a shelter. He was 8 yrs old and had no fur from having allergies, he was fat and ugly. I knew I could fix him up. My fiancé chose another cat, so we rock, paper, scissors for who's choice we'd go with and I won! He's the sweetest, most laid back guy.View attachment 1590967

Then I have my 2 sphynx cats, Jinx and Archie. They are brother and sister and are 6 yrs old now. I drove to NYC to get them. I got them at a discount because they both had hernias. The hernias healed without needing medical treatment. They are like living with part monkey part dog, instead of a cat. They love to snuggle, especially under the covers. They are a lot of work, but are so worth it. Unlike any cat Ive ever known. Unfortunately, Archie has a heart disease called HCM. Every day he lives, I cherish! Archie is the red tabby and Jinx is the blue and white.
View attachment 1590976 View attachment 1590977 View attachment 1590979 View attachment 1590982 View attachment 1590984

When you say the Sphinx are a lot of work, what do you have to do special for them? Does their bare skin need special care?

Lots of cat catching up to do since I was last on yesterday :D I could say something about all of them but will settle for just these two:

You have an Opie/Oppie too! And they're both boys the same color :lol: I know of at least one more member here on BYC that has an Opie too!

When you say the Sphinx are a lot of work, what do you have to do special for them? Does their bare skin need special care?

They need to be bathed, they will leave oil spots on places that they lay, due to having no fur to disperse their skin oil. I only have dark sheets now. They like to be warm, so lots of blankets lay around my house, we have to be careful when sitting down cause they might be under a blanket sleeping. They eat ALOT, as they have a higher metabolism. They tend towards intestinal issues..their poop smells worse than a furry cat. Their nails have to be cut every 2 weeks and they build up a thick black gunk at the base of their nails that has to be scraped away. Their ears also get really dirty with no hair to keep debris out.

But if you have the time, they are the best breed of cat Ive ever seen. They are more like a dog. And they love to cuddle.

They need to be bathed, they will leave oil spots on places that they lay, due to having no fur to disperse their skin oil. I only have dark sheets now. They like to be warm, so lots of blankets lay around my house, we have to be careful when sitting down cause they might be under a blanket sleeping. They eat ALOT, as they have a higher metabolism. They tend towards intestinal issues..their poop smells worse than a furry cat. Their nails have to be cut every 2 weeks and they build up a thick black gunk at the base of their nails that has to be scraped away. Their ears also get really dirty with no hair to keep debris out.

But if you have the time, they are the best breed of cat Ive ever seen. They are more like a dog. And they love to cuddle.

That's really interesting! I can see what you mean about more work than the usual hairy cat.

That's really interesting! I can see what you mean about more work than the usual hairy cat.
I spend a lot of my day taking care of my animals. 3 cats and 3 dogs and the chickens! Im always cleaning...cleaning the house, the coop or the animals! And I spend almost all my time with one of my dogs, Jack. He goes everywhere with me. I also am a dog sitter, so I have a few dogs that I take care of every day. I shove them all in my car and take them to the dog park to play. And my dog is 204 lbs so its a tight fit! My car is disgusting! :oops:

This is Sade after I first got her. She was so scared about everything. Here she is in her box I put her in to make her feel safe. It looks like she's wondering what in the world has happened to her.

SAM_0244.jpg

Her big sister gave her the confidence that she needed. She learns everything from her. Whenever she hears her eating in the kitchen she stops whatever she's doing and joins her for a communal meal.

SAM_0258.jpg

She's so smart she can tell from the other room when I'm cutting cheese in the kitchen and runs to get her piece. This was her favorite apartment for a while.

2018-06-26_212905.jpg

This is Sade after I first got her. She was so scared about everything. Here she is in her box I put her in to make her feel safe. It looks like she's wondering what in the world has happened to her.

View attachment 1591350
Her big sister gave her the confidence that she needed. She learns everything from her. Whenever she hears her eating in the kitchen she stops whatever she's doing and joins here for a communal meal.

View attachment 1591351

She's so smart she can tell from the other room when I'm cutting cheese in the kitchen and runs to get her piece. This was her favorite apartment for a while.

View attachment 1591352

It sounds like you've made a lot of progress with Sade. She's very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom