Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

Why did you stop? :pop Now you guys are making me want budgies again. :lau but I am going to finish my fish tanks first.
I don't know. I think it's because I like to keep everything now that I make, and I can only keep so many birds. I also think I got interested in fish, than chickens, and I moved on. I really enjoyed taming down the chicks. They were super friendly when I sold them. Nothing like the ones from the pet stores that are always so scared. When handled from day one budgies can be really friendly birds.

I don't know. I think it's because I like to keep everything now that I make, and I can only keep so many birds. I also think I got interested in fish, than chickens, and I moved on. I really enjoyed taming down the chicks. They were super friendly when I sold them. Nothing like the ones from the pet stores that are always so scared. When handled from day one budgies can be really friendly birds.

That makes sense!!! And they sound amazing. :love I would love to find babies from a breeder one day but I think if I worked hard enough I could probably tame down the store ones. :) though I really love the true English Budgies rather than the skinny flighty American Parakeets haha they’re much friendlier/calmer and of course bigger and fluffier. :D :love but I love both :love

All budgies are wonderful little birds. They are a good hobby.

Yes they definitely are!! I just realized my post could potentially be seen as knocking the store/American type ones so sorry about that. :oops: I’ve only ever had the store ones before so I love them too and they’re definitely great!! But I love the big fat ones :lau they’re so cute!! But yes they do seem like a good hobby! I loved all the ones I had! :love I need to get into them again :lau

Yes they definitely are!! I just realized my post could potentially be seen as knocking the store/American type ones so sorry about that. :oops: I’ve only ever had the store ones before so I love them too and they’re definitely great!! But I love the big fat ones :lau they’re so cute!! But yes they do seem like a good hobby! I loved all the ones I had! :love I need to get into them again :lau
I've never seen the English budgie in person. They do look adorable. They even have crested ones I believe. I wonder if the American ones are more healthy? There must be a reason the English variety isn't popular here.

I've never seen the English budgie in person. They do look adorable. They even have crested ones I believe. I wonder if the American ones are more healthy? There must be a reason the English variety isn't popular here.

I’ve never seen them before either, only online, but they’re definitely super cute. :love and yeah maybe! Plus probably just cheaper and more easily available/common? I mean, they’re not gonna just mix it up if they’ve been breeding the same birds for decades successfully haha plus I think it said the English ones were mostly show birds? I imagine the American ones are healthier cause I imagine breeding anything, dogs included, to be way bigger and/or fluffier, etc. can’t be very good for it haha I think I need to get one again 😂

Back
Top Bottom