Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

I also have 2 dogs, both males. Black lab is Sam, and the other is a papillon/Pomeranian mix.

Attachments

• CDD8FF5D-4BDD-4E80-9F17-64B3E21D7D47.jpeg
    CDD8FF5D-4BDD-4E80-9F17-64B3E21D7D47.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • A9F692AB-82A1-47C8-8330-CA275D3DF737.jpeg
    A9F692AB-82A1-47C8-8330-CA275D3DF737.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I was a little worried cause the birds were only eating millet and not touching their food but I just read something that said sometimes if it’s not on the ground they don’t think it’s food so I tried putting some on the ground next to the millet and sure enough they are now eating it :lau :rolleyes:

The bowl was on the ground before but not the seeds themselves. Guess they needed it directly on the ground. :lau :rolleyes:

I’ll get them eating out of their bowls eventually. Gonna put some millet on top of the bowl too.

They will find it. They are prey animals, so they will be cautious until they are more familiar with their surroundings.

Thanks! That makes sense! They seem to just be filling up on millet :lau they haven’t found the bowl even though it’s been a few days so maybe with me putting it the food on the ground they will at least eat something other than millet :lau they did at least manage to find the water though haha

Thanks! That makes sense! They seem to just be filling up on millet :lau they haven’t found the bowl even though it’s been a few days so maybe with me putting it the food on the ground they will at least eat something other than millet :lau they did at least manage to find the water though haha
Millet I give as a treat once or twice a week, otherwise they will eat nothing else. They are training you perhaps. ;)

Millet I give as a treat once or twice a week, otherwise they will eat nothing else. They are training you perhaps. ;)

Yeah I gave them one piece of spray millet when I first got them and they just now finished it or looked almost done and hulls everywhere & a mess so I replaced that paper and put a new, much smaller, piece in. I had read it should only be one a week or less so I probably shouldn’t have given them the second one today but I didn’t want them to starve since we are going to be gone tonight and it’s all they’ll eat. :lau

When we get back though I’m going to take it away I think and try to get them to eat their seed.

They’re still young so I don’t want to turn them into total millet junkies or get fat :lau

Back
Top Bottom