Knotts Island, NC

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Brother Bill, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Brother Bill

Brother Bill New Egg

Jul 27, 2008
    Knotts Island, NC
    [​IMG] Hi Folks! New BYC member from Knotts Island, NC. Currituck county, between the mainland and Outer Banks, sitting in the middle of the Currituck Sound, North Landing River, and Back Bay.

We're south of Va. Beach city border, and have to catch a ferry, when it's running, or drive up through Va. to get "off" the Island.

Have met Stacy in Gates, Joshua in Maple, maybe I'll meet you too, I'm heaven bound.

2. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    [​IMG] Stokes county here

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    [​IMG] Lee County here.

4. jc12551

jc12551 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    Chowan county here. Did you go to the peach festival? I missed it this year. I need some peach jelly badly!

5. Brother Bill

Brother Bill New Egg

Jul 27, 2008
    Knotts Island, NC
    I did make the Peach Festival, but I was at the fire station all day Saturday working on fire training and did not even go over to the Park.

Would you like to us to check about some peach jelly? We make it over your way several times a year with the Chowan Association or Baptist Men's activities. In fact we preached at Albemarle Baptist Church a couple times in June, had a wonderful time with some great folks.

BTY, my wife has a great recipe for making Strawberry jam out of figs, using Jello, sugar and pectin. Great way to utilize the figs that keep on giving.

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    That's beautiful coastal country out that way!

Hi and welcome from Cabarrus County.

7. jc12551

jc12551 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    Quote:That would be great!

8. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    Don't mean to make you mad. But there is a older lady around 80 at church we trade stuff for chicken eggs. And she gave me some strawberry and peach jelly strawberry wooooooooooo good peach it's was good but not for me

9. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    We're near Raleigh, but I looked up Knott's Island on the map and it looks like a great place to be!! We'll get over to the NC shore at some point.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by