L Brahma Roo or Hen

april29

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Northwest Connecticut
My Brahmas are now 12 weeks old. No comb differences but their tails are different. Could I have a roo starting its sickle feathers at this age or just a faster matureing hen? Any ideas.
The first 3 pics are the Roo in question because the longer tail feathers with a green sheen to them. No hackels or saddle feathers yet.

At only 12 weeks, that may well be a rooster. It's early days for sex feathers, but that tail is looking very suspicious.

I think that you have two pullets, but Brahmas mature very slowly, so he could be a slow-maturing rooster that doesn't really look like a rooster yet.

I know, that tail is makeing me go, hmmm. Im crossing my fingers for a Roo. I ordered pullets but now Im wanting one Roo for the girls.
Your responce page says your going for Chemo treatment. I will be praying for you. May Gods peace fill your heart mind and home. Staying in his presence with soothing worship music has gotten me through some very difficult times. Kari Jobes is a wonderful Christian singer. If youve not heard of her, look her up on Youtube. Be still my soul and You are my healer are nice songs. God Bless

I know, that tail is makeing me go, hmmm. Im crossing my fingers for a Roo. I ordered pullets but now Im wanting one Roo for the girls.
Your responce page says your going for Chemo treatment. I will be praying for you. May Gods peace fill your heart mind and home. Staying in his presence with soothing worship music has gotten me through some very difficult times. Kari Jobes is a wonderful Christian singer. If youve not heard of her, look her up on Youtube. Be still my soul and You are my healer are nice songs. God Bless
Thank you! I was in the hospital 5 weeks the first time, and was having attitude issues toward the end. I realized a lot of it was, I wasn't listening to my music! My job is driving a lot, and I always have the car radio on KLOVE. Some serious prayer and some great worship music really helped. Now I've got my plan for next trip--keep the laptop on the music!

Yes, music is key because worship is what brings you into Gods presence. Ive found it sets my heart straight and renews my thinking much more gently thann hearing preaching.. When you allow the spirit to renew your mind...the whole body and emotions follow. Our minds and bodies are out of touch with God because we are busy living here on earth. But as we renew our minds with Gods truth for us and spend time with him, it becomes easier to walk in the spirit, which will guard us from wrong attitudes and fears that only hurt us and cause us to suffer in our suffering. Your body may be out of balance and suffering but sweety "dont let your mind follow your body". Make your body follow your mind. Father, I lift up your daughter to you in her time of need. Have mercy Lord. I pray she stays so close to you during this time of Chemo that people cant tell her and you apart. Give her peace, rest, a sound mind and heal her body. Let her body follow her thoughts, let her emotions follow her thoughts as she patiently waits on you Lord to deliver her from the imbalance in her system. He keeps in perfect peace those whose minds are stayed on thee. Isaiah 26:3 This scripture sounds so poetic but dont let that fool you. There is power in Gods presence. Rest in him. God Bless Dee

Back
Top Bottom