LA Chickenstock (MS & TX too) - TRY AGAIN!!! (pg. 5)

aggiecatholicmom - Thank you for the kind words. I am trying to make it as easy as possible for all that want to attend. I know that it is a good distance for some to drive and I am sorry for that. I just hope that we have a good turn out.

WillsMama93 - Thanks for offering to get together with other members and ride together. I hope that you have a car full....lol

TheNewChick - I know that there are some people in your area or close by. I don't know which ones are coming yet though. I wish you luck and hope that you will be able to come.

Thanks,
Dorothy

Everyone should read this thread about Biosecurity.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17696

It is very important that you quarantine your birds no matter the source and if you have even one sick bird, your moral obligation is not NOT sell, swap, trade or give away any birds from your flock until you isolate the problem and fix it. This is probably the main reason the rules and regs are so tight anymore, IMO.

Too many of our members have been devasted by bringing in a sick chick or hen. Don't take a chance on it happening to you!

Oh, shoot. I'll go. I'm in Pike County, MS.

I don't really care about socializing too much (nothing personal, I promise. I really can't stand to leave the house),
big_smile.png
but it would seem the height of snobbery not to attend when y'all have gone to the trouble to have it so convenient for me.

lau.gif

Count me in! What can I bring?

Cassandra

terrielacy - Thanks for the great info. I hope that all will read it, so that ever will be informed about this, to ensure healthy birds for everyone.

Cassandra - I will put you down on the list. At this time, I don't know what you should bring.

My list of things that I am going to bring are as follows:

Grilled hamburgers/cheeseburgers
Grilled hotdogs
Potato Salad
Baked beans

Everyone else can bring whatever they would like, but it would be a good idea to post what you are bringing so that everyone doesn't bring the same thing...lol We need some desserts, drinks, appetizers, etc.

As the time gets closer and I have confirmations of whom is coming and what they are bringing, then I will make a post and edit it every time that someone replies so that all everyone will have to do is look at one post to see what is being brought.

Thanks,
Dorothy

Dorothy - That sound great! Husband and I would be interested in attending. Will anyone be selling banthams? And until then- do you have any idea of where to purchase bantham near Lafayette?

lagypsies - You and your husband are welcome. I don't know if anyone will have any bantms for sale or not. Also, sorry but I don't know anything about the area so I cannot tell you where you would be able to buy any.

When I make the post as to what everyone will be bringing, then I will try to remember to post what breeds of chickens that people would like to purchase, so that if anyone that will be attending has some that they would like to sell, then they can bring them.

Thanks,
Dorothy

Hi all my chicken friends. The time is getting closer, so I wanted to remind everyone about this and let you know what I will be providing and see what you all will be bringing.

SEPTEMBER 13, 2008

babyboy1_mom (4 adults, 1 child) tattooedchickenlady (1 adult, 1 child)
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers Deviled eggs
Hotdogs Homemade Banana Pudding
Potato Salad
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Some canned drinks

moms_pantry (1 adult, 1 child)
dessert item

Please let me know what you will be bringing and how many people will be coming with you. Also, if any of you have any folding chairs, then please bring them. I am rounding up chairs and tables, but I don't know how many I will be able to come up with.

Thanks,
Dorothy

As soon as you confirm that you are coming, then I will PM you with the address so that you can Mapquest and get exact directions.

Last edited:
I really wish we could come, but one of my dearest friends who lives in Alberta, CA will be in Houston on business the week before, & I'll be taking off a couple days work to drive over & catch up! We only get to see each other about once or twice a year.

Hope everybody has a blast!

I was planning on coming but as luck would have it; that Saturday I have a ball game. I guess I'll just have to look forward to next year.

Not that it does any good now, but I would have taken our van and could have piled a few folks in it if they wanted.
Gate

Back
Top Bottom